ROM Hack Help using cheats on switch

jryan15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me understand how to use cheats. I've been running atmosphere for a couple years, but never got into cheats or homebrew. Recently I installed checkpoint to manage save files on Xenoblade2 and noticed that checkpoint has the ability to add cheats.

So while in checkpoint, I press the right-joycon and added the cheats. I got a message that a folder was created and the cheat file was saved, but when I go into the game, the cheats don't appear to be active (I added them all for XC2).

I tried to figure out if there is some special way to activate them and the only thing I found was that some games you need to hold the "L" button down while launching it. I did do that and still the cheats are not applied into my game when I choose to continue.

Is there something else that I need to do in atmosphere? Do the cheats only apply if I select to play a new game instead of continuing my old game? Are the cheats available to all users on my swtich?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pressing L while launching game deactivates mods and cheats...

Use Edizon-SE or Edizon Overlay. Checkpoint may saved your cheats, but they need to be activated.

Reactions: kidkat210

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)