Hacking Help updating Switch firmware from 10.1 to newest

Persona345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I would like to update my switch and custom firmware to the latest versions. My switch is currently on 10.1 and Atmosphere is currently on 0.16.2. I have not updated in over a year, so I do not know what the latest and best software version is for either the switch itself or for Atmosphere. I also have forgotten the process to safely update while on Emunand, I believe I used something called ChourDoJour, but I am sure there is something better that is used for safe updating now. If anyone could walk me through the steps again, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoiDujourNX is no longer recommended. You should use Daybreak to update instead. You should follow these steps:
  1. Download the latest version of Atmosphere and put it onto your SD card. Deleting the old atmosphere folder first is highly recommended if you're using a very old version of Atmosphere. https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/latest
  2. Download these signature patches and put them onto your SD card. https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest
  3. Download the 12.1.0 update (the latest version as of this post, and it's supported by the latest version of Atmosphere) and put it onto your SD card.
  4. Boot into Atmosphere. Load the homebrew launcher by launching a game while holding R.
  5. Open Daybreak (it comes with Atmosphere)
  6. Choose the 12.1.0 update and install it with exFAT support (your SD card should be on FAT32, but this makes your Switch work with your SD card just in case it's exFAT)
  7. Make sure you are using the latest versions of any homebrew applications you use.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I would like to update my switch and custom firmware to the latest versions. My switch is currently on 10.1 and Atmosphere is currently on 0.16.2. I have not updated in over a year, so I do not know what the latest and best software version is for either the switch itself or for Atmosphere. I also have forgotten the process to safely update while on Emunand, I believe I used something called ChourDoJour, but I am sure there is something better that is used for safe updating now. If anyone could walk me through the steps again, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1. Also is there any reason you are looking to update? Nothing requires the latest firmware which is 12.1 except online play which is not a good idea for a hacked console. Plus most issues arise whenever a user updates their firmware so unless a game or update requires newer firmware, I'd recommend against updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone