Homebrew help understanding my acnl startup crash?

wormm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i recently installed the latest version of homebrew for my 3ds in order to hack my animal crossing. i managed to get homebrew and everything without hassle, but when i try and launch animal crossing it now comes up with this error:
error type, generic
process id, 67115840
adress, 0x00000cfa
error code, 0x000000cf
its an sd card version that came with the 3ds as it was limited edition. i was thinking about just hard resetting my ds, but then would that delete acnl off of it? i dont really want to reset it as i have hundreds of hours on it also. some things to note are that i had hacked it back in like 2015, but i only reinstalled homebrew etc couple days ago. any help would be reaally appreciated!!!! :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:!: DO NOT Format System Memory as that will permanently erase all the saves, extdata, games, dlcs, and updates in the Nintendo 3DS folder.

1. For safety, backup your ACNL save + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.
  2. Replace the sdmc:/boot.firm with the older Luma3DS v9.1. This version is better at producing insightful errors.
  3. Launch the game. Does a different error message appear?

wormm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:!: DO NOT Format System Memory as that will permanently erase all the saves, extdata, games, dlcs, and updates in the Nintendo 3DS folder.

1. For safety, backup your ACNL save + extdata with [HYPERLINK]
  2. Replace the sdmc:/boot.firm with the older [HYPERLINK]. This version is better at producing insightful errors.
  3. Launch the game. Does a different error message appear?
i tried to back it up in checkpoint, but it doesnt even show up- shall i install JKSM instead, or alongside to try it out? thanks !

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to back it up in checkpoint, but it doesnt even show up- shall i install JKSM instead, or alongside to try it out? thanks !
Yes. Try JKSM as well. If that app also fails to list ACNL and backup its save + extdata, check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

wormm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Try JKSM as well. If that app also fails to list ACNL and backup its save + extdata, check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. [HYPERLINK].
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in [HYPERLINK]. Do not skip.
incase this makes a difference, I transferred everything onto a new sd card, and the same error still showed up. should I format the old one anyway?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
incase this makes a difference, I transferred everything onto a new sd card, and the same error still showed up. should I format the old one anyway?
Did you make sure to reformat this new (2nd) SD card in [ FAT32 format | 32 KB cluster size | MBR disk | Primary partition ] settings? Even though this 2nd card is new, was it checked for hardware problems in H2testw? One can't be too careful these days buying flash memory products due to rampant counterfeits.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*