Help understanding hekate benchmark

LifeIsSTRNGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI can someone more tech savvy please tell me if these are good reading speeds? I've had my v1 switch modded since earlier this year but stopped using it for a couple months until recently when I upgraded atmosphere to 17.0

I've noticed load times are noticeably longer mainly when launching a game (they seem to be fine once you're inside). I was looking into it and found old posts saying it may be due to the sd card going bad so I did a benchmark test via hekate but I don't understand it so I'd really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 20231129_173846.jpg
    20231129_173846.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They are bad. It tests first GB of your microsd memory and more than half of that has read speed drastically below what your sdcard should be capable of. You can see last section where speeds and IOPS look ok. Your microsd is dying, or something with sdcard slot is wrong. I would first test with other microsd if something similar happens.

LifeIsSTRNGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are bad. It tests first GB of your microsd memory and more than half of that has read speed drastically below what your sdcard should be capable of. You can see last section where speeds and IOPS look ok. Your microsd is dying, or something with sdcard slot is wrong. I would first test with other microsd if something similar happens.
Thank you for the reply I have another sd card that I used to use before upgrading to the current one I have now. It has everything set up on it already except that one is running atmosphere 15.0. Am I ok to pop that one back In and run a benchmark test or would It cause some issues since the official firmware on my switch is 17.0

LifeIsSTRNGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For just running Hekate benchmark FW doesn't matter.
So I turned my switch off, switched sd cards and ran a benchmark test on the previous card I used to use. If I'm understanding this correctly these speeds are bad too, right?

Attachments

• 20231130_053018.jpg
    20231130_053018.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25

LifeIsSTRNGE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this sdcard just looks like lower grade than previous card, but results look ok for cheap microsd.
Oh alright well thank you so much for taking the time to help me I really appreciate it. I'm gonna update this card to 17.0 and hopefully that solves the issue.

Edit: Yup the sd card was the issue. Games load a lot faster now. Thanks again.

Last edited by LifeIsSTRNGE,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7