Hacking help unbricking new 3dsxl wih ntrboot

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Edit

I flashed it with another 3ds of mine that's hacked. It's an aqua old3ds. The New 3DS XL and Pink are unhacked.
Ok. Another suggestion. Don't put anything on SD (remove SD form console). Make sure your magnet can put your console to sleep and try booting your hacked 3ds. It should boot to Godmode9 but from flashcart. And you shouldn't be able to access SYSNAND CTRNAND.
EDIT: Maybe on new Godmode9 they edited it, so that it can access CTRNAND even from flashcart, so I am uploading older one that does not have access for 100% (at least on any console I tried it on)

Attachments

• Godmode9.zip
    376.3 KB · Views: 221
  • B9S%20Manager.zip
    158.3 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: Quantumcat

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Another suggestion. Don't put anything on SD (remove SD form console). Make sure your magnet can put your console to sleep and try booting your hacked 3ds. It should boot to Godmode9 but from flashcart. And you shouldn't be able to access SYSNAND CTRNAND.
EDIT: Maybe on new Godmode9 they edited it, so that it can access CTRNAND even from flashcart, so I am uploading older one that does not have access for 100% (at least on any console I tried it on)

Is it one I need to flash to the cart?

Edit: Btw, I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out with my predicament. It's just so mind boggling that nothing is working. :(

Last edited by Derpncheez,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Edit: Btw, I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out with my predicament. It's just so mind boggling that nothing is working. :(
Yes. I added the files to my last post. One of them is godmode9 and another is manager than works like luma payloader

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes. I added the files to my last post. One of them is godmode9 and another is manager than works like luma payloader

Alrighty, I'll give it a try, but I think I have a good idea as to why it's not working from your 2nd to last post. The New 3DS XL isn't even able to go into sleep mode. :( I think that might sum the reason why none of this has been working.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Alrighty, I'll give it a try, but I think I have a good idea as to why it's not working from your 2nd to last post. The New 3DS XL isn't even able to go into sleep mode. :( I think that might sum the reason why none of this has been working.
How can you know it can't for to sleep mode? It can have broken sensor, but you first try stronger magnet. Where are you putting your magnet?

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you know it can't for to sleep mode? It can have broken sensor, but you first try stronger magnet. Where are you putting your magnet?

I'm not sure if it has a broken sensor, it just doesn't do a slow fading glow is all. Plus, I've tried different and more powerful magnets. I even have one that I rest next to the working 3ds' and it makes them all go into sleep mode without fail.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm not sure if it has a broken sensor, it just doesn't do a slow fading glow is all. Plus, I've tried different and more powerful magnets. I even have one that I rest next to the working 3ds' and it makes them all go into sleep mode without fail.
Slow fading blue light? Only when you are booting via ntrboothax or even without it?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah, the slow fading glow is the sign of a new 3ds in sleep mode, and the borked one isn't doing that at all with a magnet applied or not.
But if you don't put anything in and on your n3dsxl does the LED also faid?
Edit: probably yes, because your 3ds is bricked. When did you actually bricked it? Maybe you can still boot to luma with a9lh and supported luma

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you don't put anything in and on your n3dsxl does the LED also faid?
Edit: probably yes, because your 3ds is bricked. When did you actually bricked it? Maybe you can still boot to luma with a9lh and supported luma

It doesn't fade/glow with or without anything in the system, or with/without a magnet. I've tried so many combinations to no avail. How would I go about trying Luma with Al9H? I might just try doing a hardmod in all honesty.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It doesn't fade/glow with or without anything in the system, or with/without a magnet. I've tried so many combinations to no avail. How would I go about trying Luma with Al9H? I might just try doing a hardmod in all honesty.
So if you push power button, does it do anything?
EDIT: have I already suggested recovery mode?
And yet another suggestion. Try the B9S manager (I posted it like 3 answers earlier) and make luma folder on root and then payloads in that luma folder (/luma/payloads). Put any .firm file in there and put godmode9.firm on root and rename it to boot.firm. Try boot any 3ds via ntrboot method. If it loads special menu, you are booting it correctly. If it boots godmode9, you are booting it wrong. This is the ultimate test :D

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you push power button, does it do anything?
EDIT: have I already suggested recovery mode?
And yet another suggestion. Try the B9S manager (I posted it like 3 answers earlier) and make luma folder on root and then payloads in that luma folder (/luma/payloads). Put any .firm file in there and put godmode9.firm on root and rename it to boot.firm. Try boot any 3ds via ntrboot method. If it loads special menu, you are booting it correctly. If it boots godmode9, you are booting it wrong. This is the ultimate test :D

Yeah, it just turns on with black screens and a constant blue power light. I tried recovery mode probably a dozen times at first, but got nothing.
I'm trying the B9S Manager, but I think I'm doing it wrong, since I can't get it either special menu or godmode9. I'm supposed to flash B9S Manager to the cart, right?

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it just turns on with black screens and a constant blue power light. I tried recovery mode probably a dozen times at first, but got nothing.
I'm trying the B9S Manager, but I think I'm doing it wrong, since I can't get it either special menu or godmode9. I'm supposed to flash B9S Manager to the cart, right?
Yes

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
yes. flash it the cart. I will post some pics how it looks when booted right

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I guess I'm booting it wrong, then. :( It went to godmode9. Do I just have a dud of a flashcart?

Edit: I tried fixing it around to see if I messed something up, and now the unhacked 3DS turns itself off with trying to boot into ntr. It still functions normally without holding the buttons and magnet, though

Last edited by Derpncheez,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This is how it looks when flashing:
upload_2017-10-3_21-40-25.png

This is how it looks when flashed and booted correctly:
upload_2017-10-3_21-39-24.png

This is how it looks when booted incorrectly (if you have already hacked system):
upload_2017-10-3_21-39-38.png

What you should do:
1. Revert your flashcart to stock (so you can see it on homescreen).
2. Boot into NTRBootFlasher -> flash "special menu" (attachment)
3. Try and boot from flashcart.

Attachments

• B9S Manager.zip
    158.3 KB · Views: 239

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not able to get it to boot into that 2nd photo. :( I just think my cart is borked somehow, since I've flashed it with several different things and they all seem to flash fine. Unless the flasher itself is a little borked? Though, wouldn't that have rendered the flash cart useless? It still functions normally after restoring it to stock kernel.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm not able to get it to boot into that 2nd photo. :( I just think my cart is borked somehow, since I've flashed it with several different things and they all seem to flash fine. Unless the flasher itself is a little borked? Though, wouldn't that have rendered the flash cart useless? It still functions normally after restoring it to stock kernel.
Forget about this.
Try newer NTRBootFlasher maybe. what card do you have? Pics please :)

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget about this.
Try newer NTRBootFlasher maybe. what card do you have? Pics please :)

Here's a photo of the cart. I got it from that nds-card site. I'll try finding a newer flasher, though, I thought I grabbed the newest one.

Attachments

• DSC05064.JPG
    DSC05064.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 205

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
BTW, this is how Godmode9 NTR looks like (no SYSNAD CTRNAND option here):
upload_2017-10-3_21-53-16.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's a photo of the cart. I got it from that nds-card site. I'll try finding a newer flasher, though, I thought I grabbed the newest one.
Same as mine. So my last suggestion (again :D ). Put everything in "old SD root.rar" to root of your current SD (overwrite to all, you can check that is nothing dangerous). Put everything in "new SD root.rar" to root of you new SD (which is used to boot via NTRBootHax, your card should be formated to fat32). Go again to NTRBootFlasher (now it should be called this way) and reflash it again :D . And try it again.

Attachments

• old SD root.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 224
  • new SD root.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 243

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==