Hacking Help Unbrick Wii

plzhelp-badatlife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've searched through multiple threads and other parts of the internet, but I can't find anyone who has messed up in the same way that I have. I understand that I messed up badly and I am very bad at hacking, but I would appreciate any help.

I was attempting to install WADs through YAWMM (which I have done successfully before), but I kept getting an error that when I looked it up was a storage issue. I cleared up my SD Card some, but I still got the same error. I saw my Wii (in Data Management) was low on blocks, but my SD card had lots of storage. So I moved every channel and save data that could be moved over to my SD Card, including the Homebrew Channel. I didn't think this would cause any issues. From here I couldn't open the Homebrew Channel and it wouldn't let me move anything back to the Wii Storage. I hoped it was just a small thing that resetting my Wii would be fixed, but I think I bricked my Wii here.

Now when I boot up my Wii it enters into Priiloader, but I cannot boot into Homebrew Channel, presumably because it is stored on the SD card. If I try to boot into the System Menu it freezes and produces an ominous and barely legible message that I believe says something like "System files are corrupt, please refer to operation manual" or something similar. I honestly can't read it very well, but when I tried to google fixes this was the message people have discussed.

I have tried to find fixes for this because it sounds like a couple of different versions of being bricked and I am scared and hopeful I can fix it. I saw this linked in a thread and wanted to try the Full Brick Fix, but I just am very confused and I don't want to mess anything else up worse. I saw someone say that once I try to insert the system files if I mess it up then Priiloader would be gone and all hope is lost.

Can someone please help me?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What happens if u launch bootmii from priiloader?

If you can restore a nand backup from before the issue began that might be the easiest solution. Or if you don't have a nand backup, from within bootmii you can try using the built in sd/mini launcher to load bootmini.elf (comes with the hackmii installer) then use it to reinstall the HBC.

Otherwise you can try loading a "file" with priiloader to launch the hackmii installer's boot.elf to try launching it to reinstall the HBC. If that doesn't solve everything, you can launch MMM as a file in priiloader (or via HBC if working), then CAREFULLY use it to reinstall your system menu wad (make sure it's the right one!), then BEFORE exiting MMM, use mmm's app launcher to load the priiloader installer (make sure this is saved to SD in advance) and immediately reinstall priiloader. It sounds like priiloader is your lifeline right now, and when u (re)install any system menu, it removes priiloader, and in your case you want to make sure you reinstall it before exiting a homebrew environment. This is very important!

If none of this works we can go with the extreme option of using ohneschwanzenegger.

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more