caiweilian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi,

as of GH5, i had installed ios56, however when I did a sign check, i realise 56 is not trucha bug enabled. Also, my boot2 access is disabled.

My questions are:

1. How to add trucha bug to any ios that does not have the bug? Any specific tutorial or guide?
2. I cannot install bootmii as boot2, is it because my boot2 access is disabled? How do I unlock it to enable bootmii to install on boot2?

Thanks in advance.

FYI:
No bootmii or preloader installed.
NTSC-U 4.1 (Waninkoko update).
Wiikey2 hardmod.
Non LU64 wii...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that IOS56 is for cioscorp users, if you dont have cioscorp then its pointless on your wii

1] use dop-iosv7
2] its not up to you is your wii can install as a boot2. it can or it cant.
if it cant, tough luck. use preloader as extra protection.

no preloader or bootmii installed?
your definitely asking for a brick.

caiweilian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I installed IOS56 because i need it to play GH5, be it with or without cioscorp... My wii is hardmod with wiikey2...

Using dip-v7 to install trucha bug? Any youtube tutorial for that?

Anyway to my 2nd qns, regarding boot2, anyway to enable boot2 write?
Currently I have the option to install it as IOS only... Which I am not very comfortable with... As it seem to have quite a lot of bug still...

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
caiweilian said:
Anyway to my 2nd qns, regarding boot2, anyway to enable boot2 write?
Currently I have the option to install it as IOS only... Which I am not very comfortable with... As it seem to have quite a lot of bug still...

Read:

QUOTE(xzxero @ Sep 6 2009, 04:51 AM) its not up to you is your wii can install as a boot2. it can or it cant.
if it cant, tough luck. use preloader as extra protection.

no preloader or bootmii installed?
your definitely asking for a brick.

YOU CAN'T ENABLE BOOT2 write. As xzxero said, you can or you can't, and you can't change it.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As far as I understand is: you are able to write boot2, but the boot1 in the starlet will prevent you from launching it (as it's not correctly signed, and trucha won't work).
Thank good, Hackmii installer checks your boot1 before installing anything to boot2. If not, it would lead to a full brick.

So: Don't try to disable this security mechanism - if you succeed you will kill your Wii
lecture.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, as said, bootmii being able to install to boot2 or not has nothing to do with what's done to your system. Wii's bought after around mid 2008 or so have a fixed boot1 which will not allow bootmii to be installed to boot2 and boot1 is something along the lines of a one time programming thing so to put that simply, you can't change that.

Your Wii can't install bootmii to boot2 and never will be able to. The only hope you have for bootmii is for some new thing that may or may not ever happen like bootmii installed as the system menu IOS or something.

For now all you can get for brick protection is preloader. That in itself should save you from most any normal bricks.

Not doing anything stupid will save you from the ones it can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night