[Help] Transfering save from cart to ROM

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by upfromtheskies, Nov 15, 2015.

1. upfromtheskies
    OP

upfromtheskies GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    So I'm having a problem with a ROM not working with a save I dumped from a retail cart with GW, it says it's corrupt and then prompts me to start a new game, and they're both from the same game region. I did notice when I deleted the game save I had started with the ROM, the file size was different from the save backed up with GW. The ROM save was 512kb and the GW save was about 140kb. Do I need to do something else to the GW save other than rename it [title id].sav?

2. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    If the save is not 512kb then GW save dump won't work. You can export the save using save data filter and inject it into the GW card. The only thing you need to do is to change the title id from your game's to the red card's.

3. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Use rxtools and savedatafiler to export your cartridge's save, then use savedatafiler and gateway to import it. If this is a card1 game, you'll need to rename from some id with FF in it (I forget the exact title id) to your ROM's title I'd.