HELP!! "there is no DS card inserted" M3DS REAL

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by crazieazn, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009
  1. crazieazn
    OP

Newcomer crazieazn Newbie

United States
    hey guys, i've bought a new m3ds real few days ago and just got it today.
    did plenty of research and problems and more problems, tried several ways to install the firmware.

displayed on the adapter (www.m3adapter.com), side loading spring, and m3sakura logo on right conner.

first try
    i got the latest firmware from http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html
    (System V4.3f X (Europe/USA)
    extracted with winrar and drag and drop the folder (SYSTEM) to the flash card 2gb sandisk fat32 (formatted many times)
    inserted flash card in to m3ds real adapter and into nds, and the nds did not read the adapter [​IMG]

second try
    formatted the 2gb sandisk flash card to original settings
    redownloaded and extracted firmware, copy pasted onto flash card, created newfolder renamed to NDS and GBA
    inserted into nds and still "there is no ds card inserted" [​IMG]

thrid try
    format disk, download (M3Sakura Ver1.40 X The Europe/USA Version M3 Team Jun 3, 2009) from here
    extracted, copy pasted onto flash card inserted into nds and still failed [​IMG]

after X# of tries with numbers of vers of firmware i give up and im here typing up this topic
    i've heard about the faulted adapters and fake cards, and im assuming mine is either/or
    but i havnt lost faith in the adapter i bought so will someone please confirm if the card is bad or good im going nuts
    again, i dont have a picture of the adapter i described it above (m3sakura logo on top right conner, side spring insert, and www.m3adapter.com website)

THANKS A BUNCH!! [​IMG]

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    The firmware has nothing to do with the DS reading your M3. The contacts must not be meeting. Try putting a piece of paper in between the m3 and the DS (make sure it doesn't go in between the side that reads the card because then it definitely won't be read). This should the DS to read the M3.

If you can't get that to work, send your M3 back to the place you bought it and ask for a replacement.

3. Nerdii

Banned Nerdii Banned

Australia
    Correct! Oh, and, BTW Try the M3sakura firmware!

4. crazieazn
    OP

Newcomer crazieazn Newbie

United States
    i've tried the paper thing, thanks a bunch i just wanted to make sure i did everything correctly because i got it from a site that was said to have good rep (divineo.com), i guess ill be chasing my money back now..thanks again

also tried sakura firmware, no luck

blow the thing till im was out of breath, lol
    tried several physical actions, sorry for not including in the first post

5. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Blow the M3 contacts. And then blow inside the DS were you put the chip inside blow it there.

Also what are the differences with the original M3 firmware and M3 Sakura? What does the M3 Sakura have that the M3 regular firmware doesn't?

6. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Check the M3 Sakura FAQ at the top of the forum.

7. gosp

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Usability and beauty.

8. seb07843

Newcomer seb07843 Newbie

United States
    I had the same problem.

Take a piece of sandpaper (about 1" wide) , fold it in half and insert in the slot between the contacts and casing. (the fold in the paper will make it thick enough to clean the contacts). Gently sand the contacts and remember to blow out the slot with air to remove any dust.