Hacking Help Started using the wrong mod! Used 4.2 mod on a 4.1 Wii

saitor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you in advance for your help. First up my Wii still works but im not sure how to begin to fix my problems. I made a Nand back up before i did anything and stored it in a safe place. What i did is as follows i used the 4.2 mod DL'ed from "[email protected]" on my 4.1 wii. I followed the 4.1 guide to the 3rd step " Run Dop-IOS MOD " at this point i clued into the fact that something was wrong, since i did not have this program cause i was using the 4.2 mod. I got the correct Mod for my Nand version, and begain follow the 4.1 guide.

The problems I am having now are a follows.

1a] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Step 2: Install IOS with low revision
Downgrade failed
Press any button to exit

1b] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES

When i try to do this step i get this error.
ES_addtitleststart returned: -2011
you need to us an IOS with trucha bug.
Thats's what the IOS15 downgrade is good for...
IOS36 installation failed.
Press any button to exit...

1c] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 and press A
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A

At this step i get error.
ES_Addtitlestart returned: -1035
Error: could not install IOS15 Rev266
IOS15 estore failed
press any key........

2] Run Custom IOS38 Installer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Choose WAD install and press A.

This step finishes without any errors.

3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.
* if it asking to install IOS36, then press B to go back to the IOS selection screen.
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press - to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

This step i am unable to find or select "install and Sig Hash Check"

I have been very leary of doing a Nand restore with bootmii. As i have read that it will brick my Wii as i have one of the newer Wii's. I am wondering if there is a better way to undo the changes i have made and start again. Thank you for your help again.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're dead out of the water right at the first step..

why can't you downgrade ios15?

do you already have a cios?

what have you done already? what are you trying to do?

do you know why the guide has you doing the things you're doing?

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So if you have installed CIOS, you can skip the TBR step. You can try PimpMyWii to get IOS60 and 61. It is basically the same as DopIOS i think. But better be carefull when messing around with IOS60. If you install the newest version (v6400), your Wii will be bricked.
But if you use DopIOS be sure to have the newest version (v8). Go to the right till you see IOS60 and press - to install old version (v6174). Then you will be asked if you wanna install IOS60. Press A to do so. Then you will be asked if you wanna apply sig hash check. Press A again. Wait till its finished.
For IOS61 do the same except for pressing B when asked to apply sig hash check. Thats it!

saitor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you're dead out of the water right at the first step..
Reply: Yes i am cause i messed up big and used the wrong softmod for my nand version

why can't you downgrade ios15?
Reply: Im not sure that why i have posted on this forum

do you already have a cios?
Reply: I dont believe so.

what have you done already? what are you trying to do?
Reply: I used the 4.2 Mod pack on my 4.1 Nand version wii following the 4.1 guide upto step 3 run Dop-IOS MOD. At this point I figured out that i had messed up. I Downloaded the proper Mod pack for my Wii Nand version and started at the beginning of 3.X - 4.1 Method guide. Thats when i started recieving the errors outlined in my post. What im tring to do now is 1 Undo the changes i have made so i can start again fresh and mod my wii so i can play backups. 2 Or reset my Wii to factory fresh setting. I did make a back up of my Nand before i did anything to my Wii. I used the Bootmii version that was included with the 4.2 Mod pack for the back up not sure if this matters.

do you know why the guide has you doing the things you're doing?
Reply: I have a very basic understanding.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You say you made a NAND backup before you started. Is Bootmii installed as boot2? If so, just restore the backup to remove the aborted 4.2 mod, then follow the 4.1 steps. If you have bootmii as an IOS, do NOT attempt to restore, as restoring using bootmii IOS can brick your wii.

cayspekko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
You say you made a NAND backup before you started. Is Bootmii installed as boot2? If so, just restore the backup to remove the aborted 4.2 mod, then follow the 4.1 steps. If you have bootmii as an IOS, do NOT attempt to restore, as restoring using bootmii IOS can brick your wii.

What? Really? What's the point of bootmii as ios then? SrSLy...

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
cayspekko said:
What? Really? What's the point of bootmii as ios then? SrSLy...
Exactly.

I thought that installing BootMii as boot2 could save you from a full brick, and as an IOS could save you from a semi-brick. Hence why it's better to install it as boot2.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
bootmii as ios offers practically zero brick protection, as you need to be able to get into the homebrew channel to launch it, and if you can get into the homebrew channel, then your not really bricked.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, semi-bricked (to me) means that it will boot okay but if you go through options in the menu, go to channels or maybe even a save is corrupt, it will freeze or do something weird.

If you can go to the HBC, launch BootMii and dump you saved NAND it might solve that problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.