[Help] SSB4 BRSTM->NUS3BANK?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by henn64, Aug 6, 2015.

1. henn64
    OP

henn64 Hey Dood

Dec 26, 2012
    Canada
    Behind You >:)
    I have no idea how brawlcustommusic converts their BRSTMs for SSB3DS.
    I've already gotten premade .nus3bank songs from the site and have sucessfully repacked them to a .3ds for GW, but I wanted to make my own. I haven't found anything online about converting anything to idsp/nus3bank, so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I also want to know how to unpack/repack a .cia and get at the RomFS

Last edited by henn64, Aug 6, 2015
  2. henn64
    OP

henn64 Hey Dood

Dec 26, 2012
    Canada
    Nobody?

3. soneek

soneek GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    United States
    I finished the offline IDSP builder, and it's an update to my modification of revb. I'll push the changes to my git later today after I finish adding BFWAV support. I just need to do the offline nus3bank injector. The game will only accept songs that have the same header as the original song, so that's why injection is necessary. I'm working on making it work for multi-sound archives, so hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll finally be done.

4. henn64
    OP

henn64 Hey Dood

Dec 26, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!
    I was browsing a thread you were in on HCS64 the same minute I saw this, too.
    Something to add is, do you know where the DLC stage music is stored? I haven't seen them in the romfs, and I can't extract the .cia updates.

Last edited by henn64, Aug 6, 2015
  5. soneek

soneek GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    United States
    It's also in sound/bgm/ in the update's romfs. I'll try to finish the CIA rebuilding tutorial, since you can toss custom songs into the update (even if they're in the default romfs), and the game will load them.

The Wii U tools I've been working on for custom music titles and My Music settings work perfectly with the 3DS stuff, so I'll try to get a little more involved with the 3DS version.

6. Tex_McBladeSword

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    Cant wait for the offline injector, Im having some problems with the online version myself

7. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    well i just figured out that foobar2000 with a vgm plugin can play the .nus3bank files. but how do we make these files?

8. saburou

saburou GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2015
    Can brstm -> idsp ?