Hacking HELP! Scarface PAL on NTSC

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people. I'm having a weird issue. I have the riskii mod installed and so far everything has been GREAT, but I can't seem to play with my Scarface PAL copy on my NTSC-U system. My Japanese games (Lets Tap which has no matches and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom patched to 249, region friied and brick blocked) both work. am i doing something wrong? is it just the game or should I use the Gamma Loader .dol and a option to play it? I could use some help. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, all.
smile.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work in gamma loader?

Cause the compatibility is not 100%.

First off, Uncheck the Disc check hack in Preloader, Then try it. If it doesn't work, then its indeed the game. You're ganna have to download a NTSC version. (Note: If the game works, forced NTSC in Gamma, then it should work if you disable the disc check hacks in preloader)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Does it work in gamma loader?

Cause the compatibility is not 100%.

First off, Uncheck the Disc check hack in Preloader, Then try it. If it doesn't work, then its indeed the game. You're ganna have to download a NTSC version. (Note: If the game works, forced NTSC in Gamma, then it should work if you disable the disc check hacks in preloader)

1) I dont have that option in my preloder menu

2) The Scarface banner shows in the disc channel but after pressing start the screen stays black

3) in the gamma .dol When I Force NTSC it stays on a green screen
frown.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
LightyKD said:
frown.gif

==> The game has to be run at PAL video mode or to be region(video) patched.

Can somebody link me to a video patcher? Also is there a way I can use it on Mac ...if not I can just easily patch it on my friends PC... or switch the hard drive in my own PC lol

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LightyKD said:
WiiPower said:
LightyKD said:
frown.gif

Can somebody link me to a video patcher? Also is there a way I can use it on Mac ...if not I can just easily patch it on my friends PC... or switch the hard drive in my own PC lol

Well does the game work at all? I mean does it work with force PAL, but with wrong colors? If not something else is wrong.

Can't you run a virtual machine with WinXP on your mac? I only know one video mode patcher, and that's the generic wii patcher, but i'm sure there are a lot of others:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938

You could also take a look at my guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
LightyKD said:
WiiPower said:
LightyKD said:
frown.gif

Well does the game work at all? I mean does it work with force PAL, but with wrong colors? If not something else is wrong.

Can't you run a virtual machine with WinXP on your mac? I only know one video mode patcher, and that's the generic wii patcher, but i'm sure there are a lot of others:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938

You could also take a look at my guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909

I'm going to try your softchip patch toy first...

brunchmiracle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem. No matter how I change the region of the the game (be it forcing NTSC through a loader or patching the iso directly) it does not want to work. If anyone knows how to resolve this problem, or if it just impossible, please enlighten me.

jbm715

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think some games just won't work in other regions. I had the same problem with a PAL version of warioware. Once i got a ntsc version it worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s