Gaming help restoring a mac

corr0126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my step dad gave my mom his 13 mac book pro, and he left a bunch programs that she doesn't need, so I attempted to restore the computer, and after an hour or so the laptop finished restoring, so I check out the laptop nothing got restored, its still the same way it was left before nothing changed, I tried again and nothing happened same thing again, what should I do??

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
evening, has the mac been supplied with both the official restore disks?
if so, pop 'CD/DVD1' into your computer and restart...

Now, hold 'C' as the comp restarts/boots and it will boot from the CD/DVD.

if my memory serves me correctly, select your language, then options....'Destination window',
then choose 'Erase and Install' and click continue....Chose your required Install package 'Basic'?.

then just sit back and relax, it'll format the HD and install a fresh copy, might take an hour, depending on the mac speed.

*Please backup and files you want to keep, because they'll be deleted obviously*

drop us a reply if you've got a problem?

D

Deleted User

I'm guessing you started your MBP from the OS X cd and just installed it?! Did you format the HDD before installing?

Thoob said:
Install Windows on it.
Erm ... yeah, gtfo.

edit: got ninja'ed by fishykipper
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

corr0126 said:
no did not format it
You should, because otherwise it just installs the OS and leaves everything else on the HDD, which is the reason why the programs are still there.

As said before: make sure you backup anything you want to keep first

Then just start up the MBP with the OS X cd and select your language and after that 'Utilities' from the Menu and then 'Drive Utility' (if it's not called exactly like this, it's because I have a German OS). Select your HDD and select the 'Erase' tab; leave it on 'Mac OS Extended Journaled' and click the 'Erase' button. Afterwards quit the 'Drive Utility' app and install OS X.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, then I will be actually older than him for a bit (ik thats not how ages work btw)