Help required: R4 Infinity doesn't run games after update

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by overdome, Jun 29, 2017.

1. overdome
    OP

overdome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    Brazil
    Hi friends, this is Gabriel from Brazil, nice to meet you all

I bought a used Nintendo DS Lite and it came with this flashcart called R4 infinity Dual Core. Accessing this site (http://r4infinity.com/) I downloaded the latest kernel and firmware update for it.

I followed all the instructions in order to update it, so everything went ok, the system boots normally but it doesn't run any nds games at all, screen keeps white (emulators work though such as snemul)

I know I had no reason to update since it was already working, it was very stupid of me to do it :)

Things that I tried to do to fix it (which I read on the forum):

1. formatting the sd card using SDFormatter with "Full Overwrite" and "format size adjustment on", then putting the kernel again: no effect, nds games still stuck
    2. using wood kernel: stuck in loading, so I guess it's not compatible
    3. using different rom sets: tried from several websites, but no effect, nds games still stuck

Honestly I don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be appreciated :)

Wish you all a nice day and sorry for the english :)

2. Clyde_271

Clyde_271 Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    Italy
    Last edited by Clyde_271, Jun 29, 2017
  3. overdome
    OP

overdome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    Brazil
    I am now trying every single kernel from the website, unfortunately yours gives me the blank screen as well, thanks for the reply my friend! Hope I can get it to work again :)

4. Clyde_271

Clyde_271 Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    Italy
  5. overdome
    OP

overdome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    Brazil
    Hi Mr. Clyde, I tried it and when it boots, we can read the "now loading" then it flashes in white then both screens turn black! never thought this card would be such a problem haha :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

UPDATE:
    To anyone curious about, I'm trying to make it work with everything I can, so far the info I gathered is this:

1. The DS Lite is version is v5 (two magenta screens when removing GBA cartridge on PICTOCHAT
    2. Tried to "downgrade" the Firmware version, but there is a message shown that my firmware is newer than the one I try to apply
    3. Firmware is 7.0, the only one that booted and processed is 2.1 but it doesn't downgrade at all
    4. Every single kernel from the dualcore card the www.r4infinity.com doesn't work with this latest 7.0 fw version
    5. Kernel 4.3 boots but there is a message saying the kernel is too low for the firmware version
    6. Again, the SNemul works just fine, but no luck running nds roms
    7. When trying to run NDS games, it freezes on white screen, but a .sav game file is generated, don't know if they are supposed to be generated when saving the game or automatically

Any help is appreciated! Thanks Mr. Clyde for trying to help :)

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    -Don't do anything with the firmware
    -You can try to run YSMenu with it
    -Did you try very old games?

7. overdome
    OP

overdome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    Brazil
    Hi! I tried the YSMenu but it gave me an error "unsupported DLDI name"... about old games, could you please name one for that test? Thanks for your help :)

8. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Did you try setting the date of your console back a year or two?

9. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Is there a .dldi file somewhere on the website (or in the kernel archive)? Old games like Metroid Prime Pinball.

10. overdome
    OP

overdome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    Brazil
    hi friends. searching for the forum, I found out my card is pretty dead. There are two versions of this products, the chinese guys who made it changed some hardware, so with that update I guess it won´t run anymore. Thanks for all your help, I already purchased another R4 card :) wish you all a nice weekend