Hacking [Help Request] Translating Plailect's Guide to other languages

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
As of today i kept and kept reading of how many users got a brick either because of a certain youtuber or because they just were trying to got a faster road without it even existed, but the thing is, as read from the title of the thread i need help and call every not native english speaker to get together and keep a site updated on pair with plailect's 3ds.guide in the languages that it isn't available.

Right now we have some guides in spanish but are either outdated (maybe i'm missing a place to look for) or are video guides (which, as said in other thread get outdated very quickly). Also the guides available in portuguese are outdated, and i don't really know about guides in other languages as these are the ones i know right now, if there are any volunteers, feel free to PM me, i'll be translating the guide to spanish as well as getting a proper place to have the website running, but be aware that i will be using a server in chile so files may not be uploaded there because of ping issues. If someone wants to help by having the website in another server or provide a proper website (as i don't really know much about php or html) it will really be appreciated...

#prayforthe"yakareados" (?)

Reactions: XRaTiX

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My opinioin is, everyone should be trying to learn about English. As it's international language.
Since the Bibile contain a lot information & update very frequently. So translator need to do a lot of works.
Pretty much this. The guide is updated so regularly, and so translating it into other languages, then having those translators update their translated guides whenever Plailect's guide is updated, and having those translated guides and updates be accurate... is too much, not worth it, and opens itself up to too great risk. Really, translated guides would face the exact same issues and risks as YouTube guides.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Of course people should learn more english, but what about the ones that have problems learning it, or the ones that can speak it properly but can't read it properly.
Also, im aware that we would have a lot of work, yet that is the point, to find people who have enough time/willingness to keep the translated guides ready in the minimal time as the Holy Bible of our lord and saviour Plailect is updated.

Edit: Maybe to keep things in order we could update the guide after every major change in Plailect's, as all links referring to files (such as Decrypt9, Hourglass9, Luma releases and such) should be going direct to the github's realease page.

Last edited by Ghost Liberator,

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
translate.google.com should help ..
Yeah, it could help if google translate actually did it work correctly, when i use it for translating out of lazyness i always end up with an unreadable spanish translation, also using it could lead to, as already said, unreadable versions of the guide that would be even more confusing

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Maybe to keep things in order we could update the guide after every major change in Plailect's, as all links referring to files (such as Decrypt9, Hourglass9, Luma releases and such) should be going direct to the github's realease page.
Change can be happend everyday depend on what the current situation.
  • 10.7 has browserhax problem > Remove browserhax from 10.7 support
  • All 4 DSiwares got removed > Adding DSiware Replacing.
  • Safehax released > Adding a way to use Safehax.
  • ETC.
If Plailect doesn't update it immediatly, some people will pick up random guide from community, which can be end up in a brick.

Last edited by nechigawara,

makzk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You could just make a fork of Plailect's Guide repo, and made changes there. Unless he decides to set up a i18n system, but I doubt it.

Uh, and you can contact me if you need any help.

Also I just made this account to answer this thread, I couldn't find you anywhere :lol:

Last edited by makzk,
Reactions: Ghost Liberator

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to setup a website, you need not know HTML.

Just search wordpress..you can install a local inslation of wordpress and a free theme...heck you dont even need to buy a domain..create one on wordpress for free.

All you need is a text guide, you still will point to the files on github ...so you need not upload any files or something like that..

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My opinioin is, everyone should be trying to learn about English. As it's international language.
Since the Bibile contain a lot information & update very frequently. So translator need to do a lot of works.
As OP said , not all people can be able to know english so that's not really an option

Also , OP i think you should just lead some of the github pages on some files instead of hosting them

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
As OP said , not all people can be able to know english so that's not really an option

Also , OP i think you should just lead some of the github pages on some files instead of hosting them

all links will lead to github pages regarding releases. No file will be hosted in the server provided as it could update and it's easy to forget updating a link rather than a guide.

Just curious, Do some country never has an English class?
I don't really know, here in Chile we have english classes, but there are always the guys who either can't understand English, or guys who can, but they process to slow to remember everything they had to translate thus rendering a english guide non-functional for them because of faulty translation process, ending up in spending way more time than needed and opening gaps for user errors

Reactions: nechigawara

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
all links will lead to github pages regarding releases. No file will be hosted in the server provided as it could update and it's easy to forget updating a link rather than a guide.
So you'll have links to updated files in a translated guide that hasn't been updated to reflect any changes to files that it links to?

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So you'll have links to updated files in a translated guide that hasn't been updated to reflect any changes to files that it links to?
More like keeping the files updated while updating the translation. And of course, disable the translated guide page while doing changes to work on it in a safe environment.

Maybe having direct contact with @Plailect regarding the holy bible and updating the translation at the same time as the original will be much more effective

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a good night everyone.