[Help] Repacking Xenoblade Chronicle

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Kaijuchan, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Kaijuchan
    OP

Kaijuchan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    France
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a Xenoblade Chronicle 3D Undub version and I am stuck at the final step : Repacking the 3ds file.

I tried my modified romfs with Hans and it works but it seems like an almost 4GB romfs on the SD card greatly decrease the game performance so I want to make a patched 3ds rom.

I tried packing with 3DS Builder : failed, blank icon on GW menu for my 3ds file.
    I tried using makerom with a rsf file (see attachment, generated with slainfu rsfgen.py) :
    - when not using -desc app:4, makerom failed with an AccessDesc signing error
    - when using -desc app:4, success but same result as 3DS Builder : blank icon on GW menu

All my attempts was done with the original romfs (decrypted), I am not even able to repack with the unmodified romfs.

It's my first time trying to repack a rom so maybe I am doing something wrong, or perhaps it does not work with N3DS-Only games ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :wub:.

Thanks !

Attached Files:

Last edited by Kaijuchan, Jan 17, 2016
  2. Kaijuchan
    OP

Kaijuchan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    France
    Well, seems like using an other version of 3DS Rom Builder did the trick !
    Using 3DS Rom Builder means that the manual will not be present but who really cares :P ?

Last edited by Kaijuchan, Jan 17, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice