Hacking Help Removing PreLoader on v4.0u?

estebanchaidez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My goal is to remove PreLoader and install StartPatch v4.0.2. I'll accept downgrading if I have to.
I am on firmware v4.0u with Waninkoko's Firmware Updater and the patched IOS60 and CiosCorp setting after setting PreLoader to IOS249 after updating from v3.2u. PreLoader is currently set to IOS36.
So far, I tried reinstalling PreLoader, nothing changed.
I have tried the Hack Remover to remove PreLoader, but I get this error: ...failed: -106.
I have tried AnyRegionChanger 1.1 M5 to downgrade my firmware back to v3.2u, and it seemed as if it was working, but nothing changed.
Any links or suggestions will be appreciated.
happy.gif

Also, I tried reinstalling the patched IOS60 just for the heck of it, but I didn't get that semi-brick. lol I felt like messing around. But I guess it only happens when you don't have it installed while you have PreLoader on 4.0.
rolleyes.gif

estebanchaidez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
downgrade to 3.2 with ARC and then update again via wanin's 4.0

safest method.

I don't mean to be mean, but if you read, I tried AnyRegionChanger. Unless you mean to say that there is something wrong with the version I am using. I believe it's the one from the SoftMii package.

estebanchaidez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
sorry dude really tired, run IOS Downgrader, then ARC, if arc still doesnt work try CIOS Downgrader, thats waninkoko's downgrade/upgrade tool.

That's alright. I understand. I read lots of topics and I see you posting quite a lot. I will try your method and will hope that it works. Thanks for attempting to help me and the rest of the community.
happy.gif

estebanchaidez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
innercy said:
dwload system menu 4.0 using NUSD and install using wad manager... it work!

I have successfully downgraded my Wii to 3.2u and will continue to stick with MightyMouse's method of upgrading since I trust Waninkoko. I used StartPatch successfully that time except for one of the hacks, that being Region Free Channels.
NUSD? Just went to search for it on Google. So it's NUS Downloader from WiiBrew? Sounds like an interesting utility. Thanks for your concern innercy.
happy.gif

One last question though. Would PreLoader affect StartPatch if I install it?

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
Child0fTwilight said:
innercy said:

I wanna do this but what's the title ID for the system menu 4.0u?

id 0000000100000002 v 417 for 4.0u
id 0000000100000002 v 418 for 4.0e

Child0fTwilight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
innercy said:
Child0fTwilight said:
innercy said:

I wanna do this but what's the title ID for the system menu 4.0u?

id 0000000100000002 v 417 for 4.0u
id 0000000100000002 v 418 for 4.0e

Thanks, its finally downloading, now i just gotta install
biggrin.gif

estebanchaidez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
Before switching to StartPatch, take note that a lot of new hacks have been added to Preloader (converted from StartPatch)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147289

This way, you can have the hacks from StartPatch, and keep the benefits of Preloader as well.

I installed StartPatch then PreLoader this time around since it didn't work the other way, and I am using the PreLoader hacks from WiiBrew since they have such an expanded list for v417. I believe they have all of the ones from here and just a few more. Now I have reinstalled CIOSCorp 1.1 for reassurance on my IOS' and just finishing up installing CIOSCorp v2 from the MiiWii package. I have been trying to get Region Free Wii Games working, but so far, no luck. Not with StartPatch, and not with PreLoader.
sleep.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
estebanchaidez said:
I have been trying to get Region Free Wii Games working, but so far, no luck. Not with StartPatch, and not with PreLoader.
sleep.gif
I am having the same issue. I can get everything else working except for region free wii games. NTSC backups work fine, no BGM works fine, moving the disc channel works fine...everything else works absolutely great except for RF Wii games. I can still load them from the gamma channel/gamma loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-