Help reinstalling backup loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by snkngshps, Nov 22, 2008.

1. snkngshps
    OP

snkngshps Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    I installed the backup loader, following instructions on how to downgrade my firmware. It worked successfully. I didn't install the latest update but I had installed the one before. The downgrade definitely worked because WAD manager works again. After that I installed the custom IOS which also worked. Then I installed DVDx per the instructions and I installed the backup loader channel per the instructions. But I haven't been able to successfully play any backups. Every time I try to load a backup I get an error. The text is unreadable, it looks like 2 different errors but the texts are on top of one another. I want to try and start over again but I'm not sure what all I need to delete/uninstall to start from scratch. I do have Any Title Deleter, I'm just not sure what to remove. Can anyone help?

2. india3

india3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2008
    India
    you don't need dvdx.

try reinstalling everything (cios rev7 and backup launcher gamma). i had the same problem as you in 0.1, it got fixed when i reinstalled everything.

3. camar3na

camar3na Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    Mexico
    gdl
    its definetely an issue of the cios, i had the same problem with error mesagge that can't be read, so i used waninkoko's custom ios 7, and a ios i ripped from super smash bros and it works great know. i used WUFU to rip the file to an sd card.

4. snkngshps
    OP

snkngshps Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    But what all do I need to delete? Just the backup loader channel wad and the CIOS through any title deleter?

5. india3

india3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2008
    India
    use the cios uninstaller from waninkoko's page :wii.waninkoko.info

delete backuplauncher wads.

install waninkoko's cios rev 7.

6. loaky

loaky Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2008

Definately agree with that, mine was exactly the same. I got a garbled message with two errors overlayed, turned out to be I hadn't installed the Cios 7 properly, works ok now. And as for dvdx, I hadn't heard of it let alone installed it. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice