Help regarding PS4 DLC PKG's.

Copai1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So I went ahead and tried to dump the DLC songs for Love Live! School Idol Festival ~after school ACTIVITY~ Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!! but I just cannot get them to work. I understand that it's not possible to get DLC if they need extra data.

I checked the game with PS4 PKG Tool and I see that all the DLC songs are inside the base game in a folder literally called "dlc" and I was even able to decrypt the files and listen to them.
1668165452566.png

Still, when I tried to use the fake_dlc_pkg to dump the DLC I got a warning about DLC containing extra data...

1668164797138.png

I installed the fPKG's but they didn't work.

Basically, I just wanted to know how the fPKG regarding DLC work because in theory this should've worked. I don't know if there is something else y'all refer to extra data because if I understand correctly these DLC's don't need "extra data", they work like keys that give you access to the contents that are already in the base game. Thanks.

Monte23

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Any update on this? Were you able to make it work? I tried with the same with ez_dlc but can't make it work

Uzuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me know if I understand this right. Til this day, it is simply not possible to unlock or create FPKGs for retail DLC that's been downloaded from PSN? I've been trying for days how to figure out this mess with my Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC. No dumper could see it, so I had to manually extract the ac.pkgs over FTP, reinstall them over the base game FPKG and when loaded I get a failed to authenticate error in-game.

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, dlc unlockers no longer work. you can create unlockers for themes though. they're like the c00 games on the ps3 in that the only thing unique between packages is the content id. that will work for retail themes, at least every one I've tried has worked (over 60 of them). normal dlc though will not.

ih8god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afaik, dlc unlockers no longer work. you can create unlockers for themes though. they're like the c00 games on the ps3 in that the only thing unique between packages is the content id. that will work for retail themes, at least every one I've tried has worked (over 60 of them). normal dlc though will not.
I use it as part of things when making custom Beat Saber tracks but there is no retail involved when I do that so maybe the end goal is a little different. Apologies for perhaps misunderstanding what OP is trying to do.

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When you say "no longer work", you mean the easy way to make them automatically from a PS Store URL?
Cause I can't see how would non-URL ones suddenly stop on a PS4 that never connected to PSN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-