Hacking [HELP] Problem installing arm9loaderhax on n3DS (black screen)

octozeao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed Plailect's guide very closely (my knowledge of CFW is somewhat basic) from Part 4 on my n3DS (I already had AuReiNand 10.7 installed and working). Every step has worked perfectly up to this point and I had no issues obtaining my otp.bin. I am currently stuck on this section where it says:
  • Launch SafeA9LHInstaller
  • The installer will now install arm9loaderhax on your device (this is very fast)
  • Your 3DS should reboot into the AuReiNand menu. If you get a black screen, follow this troubleshooting guide.
I didn't get any errors with SafeA9LHInstaller, but the device did not reboot as expected. I am greeted with a black screen on manual boot.

I followed the troubleshooting guide and booted with the test payload which allowed me to shut down with the A button, proving my device is not bricked, "arm9loaderhax is working and something else is broken".

I was able to restore to my sysNAND_original.bin backup through Decrypt9 to try Part 5 from the top, but I end up with the same issue (black screen). Any idea what could be causing this?

EDIT: The issue is resolved. I'm an idiot. my AuReiNand settings were not properly configured and it was trying to launch my emuNAND 2.1. Thank you everyone for your help.

Last edited by octozeao,

octozeao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Place the arm9loaderhax.bin from aureinand on your sd card root
Thank you for your reply. I have arm9loaderhax.bin from AuReiNand's latest release on the root of my SD card but I am still getting a black screen after launching SafeA9LHInstaller. Should I try an older version?

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. I have arm9loaderhax.bin from AuReiNand's latest release on the root of my SD card but I am still getting a black screen after launching SafeA9LHInstaller. Should I try an older version?
Redownload his latest release and replace all files

also, uninstall/delete menuhax

Last edited by jerrmy12,

octozeao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried launching SafeA9LHInstaller after replacing all files with AuReiNand's latest release, deactivating menuhax by changing themes and then removing the menuhax folder on my SD card. SafeA9LHInstaller is still giving me a black screen. Which specific files does SafeA9LHInstaller use? I would like to check that they are all in the correct locations.

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried launching SafeA9LHInstaller after replacing all files with AuReiNand's latest release, deactivating menuhax by changing themes and then removing the menuhax folder on my SD card. SafeA9LHInstaller is still giving me a black screen. Which specific files does SafeA9LHInstaller use? I would like to check that they are all in the correct locations.
Do you have the payloads in the aurei folder? Also try a different sd card?

octozeao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have the payloads in the aurei folder? Also try a different sd card?
Here are my files. Sorry, it's a bit messy. Does anything look wrong?
VeJ5m8E.png

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry the installer is buggy but don't forget to run MiniPasta then run the installer if you get a black screen just hit select it may still launch it. Took me roughly 20 tries to get it to install.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry the installer is buggy but don't forget to run MiniPasta then run the installer if you get a black screen just hit select it may still launch it. Took me roughly 20 tries to get it to install.
He's used the installer already, but now he gets a black screen on boot not on booting the installer. He's not bricked though.

Edit: NVM! Just saw that he reverted to a backup.... I'll shut up now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey OP, try using an older version of Aureinand like this version. I wonder if something is broken for you in the new release. I know that Aureinand got little buggy with the previous release.

Otherwise, try Cakes (yeah I know, but I just want to see if any cfw works).

Last edited by Just Passing By,
Reactions: octozeao

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Here are my files. Sorry, it's a bit messy. Does anything look wrong?
VeJ5m8E.png
Aren't the files in the payloads folder supposed to be called default, x, and y only (not x_uncart)? Well thats how i have it. Try to see if it works? Asides from that your files look good.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't the files in the payloads folder supposed to be called default, x, and y only (not x_uncart)? Well thats how i have it. Try to see if it works? Asides from that your files look good.
If he has the latest release, it's fine. It sounds like you have an earlier version of Aureinand? And even so, payloads shouldn't interfere with Aureinand booting for the first time.

Reactions: Red9419

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
The new ver of aureinand needs it like he has it

octozeao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. I have tried launching SafeA9LHInstaller with both the latest and an older release of AuReiNand. Each time, I get the same black screen after a manual boot. I am then forced to restore my sysNAND from a backup with def_Decrypt9. I'll now attempt Cakes to see if that works.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. I have tried launching SafeA9LHInstaller with both the latest and an older release of AuReiNand. Each time, I get the same black screen after a manual boot. I am then forced to restore my sysNAND from a backup with def_Decrypt9. I'll now attempt Cakes to see if that works.
What are your settings in aureinand. If the payload is working a9lh is working .

Last edited by pbanj,

octozeao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are your settings in aureinand. If the payload is working a9lh is working .
Okay, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that but you're absolutely right. AuReiNand was attempting to boot up EmuNAND which I still have at 2.1. I changed the setting so that it auto-boots sysNAND and I changed other relevant settings. I feel like such an idiot. Thank you everyone for your help.

I would just like some clarification: If the payloads work and sysNAND is booting up correctly, that is confirmation that I have successfully installed a9lh? Now it is safe for me to restore an emuNAND backup onto my sysNAND?

Reactions: pbanj

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that but you're absolutely right. AuReiNand was attempting to boot up EmuNAND which I still have at 2.1. I changed the setting so that it auto-boots sysNAND and I changed other relevant settings. I feel like such an idiot. Thank you everyone for your help.

I would just like some clarification: If the payloads work and sysNAND is booting up correctly, that is confirmation that I have successfully installed a9lh? Now it is safe for me to restore an emuNAND backup onto my sysNAND?
To check for a9lh In the settings it should say Sys or Emu as a prefix when telling you the firmware.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

No prob. Glad you saw my post before you went on. Your good to go on and inject ur emunand into the sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny