Help! Pro Update blackscreen

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by innovator, Aug 20, 2013.

1. innovator
    OP

innovator Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    United States
    Hi, I've just started soft-modding my psp slim (model:2001) and have just recently updated the firmware into OFW 6.60 and am attempting to use the CFW for 6.60. I have tried multiple versions of CFW 6.60 pro update, but every time, the outcome is the PSP logo that comes up before initializing a game, then a black screen where I have to reboot in order to return to the main menu. What am I doing wrong?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I heard of a bug where the CFW installer wouldn't display video and you would have to do a blind install. This was a while back though, on M33 and may not apply anymore.
    However, you may want to try pressing X a few times (and anything else needed) and installing it blindly. If the memory card LED starts flashing rapidly you'll know it's installing.
    This is just a shot in the dark but it's worth a try.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If there's an /seplugins/ folder on the memory stick, rename it to something else and try again.

4. innovator
    OP

innovator Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the responses! I actually am still unable to install the CFW even with the elimination of the seplugins folder and blindly pressing X. Anything else I can do?

siai005 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice