Help! Pro Update blackscreen

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by innovator, Aug 20, 2013.

1. innovator
    OP

innovator Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    United States
    Hi, I've just started soft-modding my psp slim (model:2001) and have just recently updated the firmware into OFW 6.60 and am attempting to use the CFW for 6.60. I have tried multiple versions of CFW 6.60 pro update, but every time, the outcome is the PSP logo that comes up before initializing a game, then a black screen where I have to reboot in order to return to the main menu. What am I doing wrong?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I heard of a bug where the CFW installer wouldn't display video and you would have to do a blind install. This was a while back though, on M33 and may not apply anymore.
    However, you may want to try pressing X a few times (and anything else needed) and installing it blindly. If the memory card LED starts flashing rapidly you'll know it's installing.
    This is just a shot in the dark but it's worth a try.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If there's an /seplugins/ folder on the memory stick, rename it to something else and try again.

4. innovator
    OP

innovator Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the responses! I actually am still unable to install the CFW even with the elimination of the seplugins folder and blindly pressing X. Anything else I can do?

siai005 likes this.