Help please

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Dark, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Dark
    OP

Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 6, 2008
    United States
    My mom got some kind of soda on my psp. Whats the best thing to do right now?

2. thejellydude

thejellydude GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2007
    United States
    Use some kind of material to absorb the liquid, (Rice works well) and leave it there for a little while. After that, I guess all you can do is pray.

3. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    If you ever get liquid on it, rip out the battery straight away, put it somewhere warm and dry and leave it, then leave it some more, turn it on too soon and any liquid will destroy it. I left mine for 2 days switched on and it was fine, luckily!

4. Dark
    OP

Jul 6, 2008
    United States
    I think it's to late for my psp snice it was wet for like 6hrs when i was in school. I'll try [​IMG]

5. RAIDEN!

RAIDEN! GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    some were in the world

RICE!!!??

6. Kbs

Kbs GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2008
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Rice absorbs the moisture. I've heard people use it on other small electronics like a PSP.

7. RhiGhost

RhiGhost GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2008
    Australia
    Yeah best advice is to get the battery out asap. Dry up any visable wet stuff and if you think its made its way inside let it sit for a few days to dry it out completely. When you think its safe, put the battery back in and test it.
    This happened to a friend of mine and the PSP actually busted its own power fuse to stop the mother board from getting fried. If your PSP doesn't start up (no power at all) I'd suggest opening it up and checking the power fuse. I fixed my friends PSP in 10 mins with a tiny bit of solder.

8. Dark
    OP

Jul 6, 2008
    United States
    Yay the psp is still working but there is a lag when i turn the psp on now [​IMG]

9. blanco613

blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    usa
    lucky. . . that was a close one

10. Pizzaroo

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    I stuck my iPod nano in a bowl of (uncooked) rice for a night when I got it wet and it worked perfect the next day [​IMG]