[help please] fasthax redscreening on boot

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by kamaliw, Feb 28, 2017.

1. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    So, I had this problem a few weeks ago too - whenever I try to open fasthax it just goes to redscreen immediately
    Last time my N3DS was on 9.2 so it turned out I didn't need it and skipped right over the problem. Now I'm trying to get my partner's system set up, and I'm having the same issue. This one is a N3DS on 11.2, so I need to use fasthax

I've tried redownloading the file, retrying over and over again, and I'm consistently getting the exact same issue...

Last edited by kamaliw, Feb 28, 2017
  2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Just follow the guide to a T

3. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, don't worry I'm doing that - and I've already completed the guide before so idk why this is giving me issue

Last edited by kamaliw, Feb 28, 2017
  4. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Here's what my SD root and 3DS folder looks like if that helps at all

Last edited by kamaliw, Mar 1, 2017
  5. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    Looks like you have all the necessary files. The guide says to just keep retying when it freezes like that. It should eventually work, it's just finiky.

6. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That and you can also try to redownload the files and replace them on your SD card. Things often get corrupted during transfers.

BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  7. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    *sigh* I've been trying for hours, tried dozens of times, replacing the file every 5-10 tries, same exact thing every single time...
    btw, are fasthax and safehax supposed to have gray question marks for icons in the homebrew menu? it feels like that's already indicative that something isn't right, but idk...

8. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    hmmm, any earlier releases I could try? or oh does plailect still have a version of the guide somewhere with the dsiware method? I could probably use that to get through the downgrade

9. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    Update Luma, change your entrypoint, and it should be good ^^

10. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    this one I'm just on part two with, it's only got soundhax on it and I'm trying to get fasthax to work

11. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    I suggest just restarting the guide from the very beginning, redownloading all of the files. That tends to work.

12. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    well everything else is working fine, but alright I'll try that tomorrow

13. kamaliw
    OP

kamaliw Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    ok, well - reset everything like jupitteer suggested, and now while scrolling through I saw other fasthax and safehax apps with icons and these work. for some reason however, there are still versions of the two at the very top of my homebrew menu that have blank icons and with "unknown publisher" given in the developer spot

I might've just not seen the actual files the first time through and then assumed the blank ones were what I was supposed to be opening, but the guide doesn't mention that those can show up - anyone know where I should go to let plailect know about this? I feel like that should be mentioned in the guide...

edit: here's what they look like, for reference (in hindsight I don't why I just shrugged and figured that these were probably right)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by kamaliw, Mar 3, 2017
  14. CarboniteDan

CarboniteDan Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2017
    United States
    I had this problem as well when I first started, for some reason it creates a second version of the app. Just remember to always use the app that has the icon since chances are, the others won't work.

Glad you got it figured out.

kamaliw likes this.