Hacking Help please and thanks!

GamerGirlieNatas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, bare with me, I'm a rather slow female, and have a few questions about my new Slot-1.

I got an Acekard 2 for my DSLite. It's been working fine and everything, but I've been trying to play The World Ends With You. Hypothetically, since you know, pirating is bad and no one really owns anything other than homebrew for their Slot-1s. -Cough!-

Anyways, it freezes at the beginning of it, and I've been told that it is because the game is picky and only seems to work with certain OS, with certain firmware updates.

My question is, is it possible to put a different OS on my Micro and boot it up using the card?

If not, does anyone know a way to combat this problem?

Sorry for a question that is probably obvious to anyone with an IQ over 25. Hope I can get some help though.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
The world ends with you has problems because of the speed of the MicroSD. so normally i think a class4 or 6 should work fine... (as long as they're from japan) so if you have a bad microSD like its unbranded or something get another 8GB class6 card from... i dunno dealwoot.com anyways if it freezes you have a slow micro sd.

GamerGirlieNatas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are totally over estimating my intelligence here.

First of all, what does a firmware update do? And how do I do it?

Second of all, my Micro is a Micro SD HC, Kingston, SDC4/4GB or whatever.

I'm the sort of chick you have to walk through something as if I'm a five year old, the first time, after that I'm good. Lol

So, should I still do that firmware update? Or is my card not the right one?

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Okay.. ill explain what I KNOW.

Frimware - Its some sort of a basis system for the flashcart(in this case) , you need to update the frimware so your flashcart will be able to play more games.

And yes , UPDATE THE FIRMWARE , Helps a lot in many cases.

GamerGirlieNatas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my firmware and my OS are different correct?

If that's the case, how do I update it? Do I just pop the folder into the root on my micro?

If that's Not the case, then I updated my OS from the Acekard website already.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this on here, and if not I'll remove it, but is there anyone who has AIM or Yahoo that can talk me through things to try? It's easier for me to ask questions in real time.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
I suggest you do a firmware update, you can download the latest firmware here. If it doesn't work, you can use DSTT's firmware but it's somewhat easier to do a firmware update
wink.gif

Noitora said:
QUOTE(GamerGirlieNatasha @ Dec 29 2008, 03:24 PM) And how do I do it?
Download the rar from the link I gave you, unrar it and copy paste it in the root of your micro sd, replacing any existing files.

Isn't that the firmware for the Supercard DS One SDHC? Can the Acekard 2 run that firmware?
blink.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Joey R. said:
Noitora said:
I suggest you do a firmware update, you can download the latest firmware here. If it doesn't work, you can use DSTT's firmware but it's somewhat easier to do a firmware update
wink.gif

Noitora said:
QUOTE(GamerGirlieNatasha @ Dec 29 2008, 03:24 PM) And how do I do it?
Download the rar from the link I gave you, unrar it and copy paste it in the root of your micro sd, replacing any existing files.

Isn't that the firmware for the Supercard DS One SDHC? Can the Acekard 2 run that firmware?
blink.gif
I edited my posts, I misread acekard as supercard
wacko.gif

GamerGirlieNatas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol yeah, it didn't do anything horrible to it in either case. Just didn't make the game work either. v.v Lol I suppose I could always just do the saved game trick, but missing that much game play irks me.

I wonder if there is a video of the first part until the first save on youtube..

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Tried formatting your MicroSD? Like somebody posted earlier, the freezing problem is usually due to a slow microSD card (although you posted that you had a class 4 Kingston iirc, so that should be fine).

Somebody nicer than me will probably link you to a Panasonic SD Formatter, and I'm pretty sure most people will tell you to format it in FAT with 64kbit clusters (Anybody feel free to correct me on this).

Note that formatting will erase all the data, so back it up first.

GamerGirlieNatas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't have ICQ or MSN. Never had anyone on them I had to keep in touch with.

And nope, I have never tried formatting my Micro cause.. honestly, I have no idea what that means, how to do it, or anything of the sort lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh