Hacking Help Picking FlashKart

whinis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original Fat ds model ntr-001 and was wondering what flash cart would still work with my ancient wonder and which the community would recommend.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a price range, get the DSTWO. It's probably the most expensive one ($35), but it blows every other cart out of the water.

If you need a little cheaper, I guess get an Acekard2i.

whinis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So those cards would still work on a ntr-001, it think this is actually one of the first dses to come out .

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the acekard 2i is expensive for you you could also buy a r4i ultra that is a cheaper version and it has the latest game support

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i", NOT "R4 Gold", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution".
  • Price: ~$6
  • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play some games on a DS/Lite.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: ~$16
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: ~$35
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realhotstuff is a pretty good store. They are a bit overpriced, but they have fast shipping. I received an acekard I ordered from them in 2 days.

Tzosin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
definatly buy the dstwo as it owns all flash carts around and has slot 1 gba + snes emulation as a bonus.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Hey, Rydian, an R4iDSN is a good budget cart now because of Wood R4iDSN, the same goes for R4iGold so you might wanna update your chart.
When it gets an official review and all that I might add it, if it manages to knock the AK2i out of it's place (which is unlikely). It's not going to knock the R4 or DSTwo out, at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉