Help Picking FlashKart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by whinis, Dec 9, 2010.

1. whinis
    OP

whinis Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2010
    United States
    I have an original Fat ds model ntr-001 and was wondering what flash cart would still work with my ancient wonder and which the community would recommend.

2. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    If you don't have a price range, get the DSTWO. It's probably the most expensive one ($35), but it blows every other cart out of the water.

If you need a little cheaper, I guess get an Acekard2i.

3. whinis
    OP

whinis Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2010
    United States
    So those cards would still work on a ntr-001, it think this is actually one of the first dses to come out .

4. stylow

stylow GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2010
    Netherlands
    If the acekard 2i is expensive for you you could also buy a r4i ultra that is a cheaper version and it has the latest game support

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
    [*]The original R4.
    NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i", NOT "R4 Gold", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
    NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution".
    • Price: ~$6
    • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play some games on a DS/Lite.
    [*]Acekard 2i
    • Price: ~$16
    • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
    [*]Supercard DSTwo
    • Price: ~$35
    [​IMG]
    • DS / DS Lite
      The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
    • DSi / DSi XL
      The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
    • Game Updates
      Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
    • SDHC
      SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
    • WiFi Update
      The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
    • Clean Mode
      The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
    • RTS
      The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
    • In-Game Guide
      You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
    • Slow Motion
      The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
    • In-Game Cheats
      The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
    • Special Homebrew
      The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
    • Battery Life
      Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

6. whinis
    OP

whinis Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2010
    United States
    Where should I order from in the US?

7. hullo8d

hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2010
    United States
    Realhotstuff is a pretty good store. They are a bit overpriced, but they have fast shipping. I received an acekard I ordered from them in 2 days.

8. Rafinesque

Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    I'll second the vote for RealHotStuff...

9. GolenSun550

GolenSun550 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    far away from you
    Yep , RHS is good place to go .

I also recommend Lightake.com if you don't cart about the long time waiting (pretty similar with shoptemp.com)

10. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Although I'm not american, I've seen plenty of US citizens vouch for realhotstuff.

11. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Hey, Rydian, an R4iDSN is a good budget cart now because of Wood R4iDSN, the same goes for R4iGold so you might wanna update your chart.

12. Tzosin

Tzosin Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2010
    Kent
    definatly buy the dstwo as it owns all flash carts around and has slot 1 gba + snes emulation as a bonus.

13. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    When it gets an official review and all that I might add it, if it manages to knock the AK2i out of it's place (which is unlikely). It's not going to knock the R4 or DSTwo out, at least.