[Help] Packet capturing on the 3ds

ChaoticPumpkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had experience with network packet capturing on the 3ds. I found this GitHub Gist that was helpful, except for the part on SSL/HTTPS, I couldn't get 3DS-SSL-Patch to work, I'm not sure if it still does as it hasn't been updated since 2017. Any help with this would be appreciated, it's hard to find any info about this on the web.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure what you are aiming for.

Do you want something like a cut down port of wireshark for the 3ds?
Or do you want to be able to capture useful (that is to say non encrypted if the server allows it/readily decrypted because you know/forced certain keys) data from 3ds games presumably to maybe set up third party servers or analyse interesting data (see various things for pokemon with the seeing opponent picks while you still had time to make a counter or hidden values during trades (useful for shiny eggs and whatnot), both coming before widespread hacking but mostly only there because Nintendo had not secured comms)?

ChaoticPumpkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what you are aiming for.

Do you want something like a cut down port of wireshark for the 3ds?
Or do you want to be able to capture useful (that is to say non encrypted if the server allows it/readily decrypted because you know/forced certain keys) data from 3ds games presumably to maybe set up third party servers or analyse interesting data (see various things for pokemon with the seeing opponent picks while you still had time to make a counter or hidden values during trades (useful for shiny eggs and whatnot), both coming before widespread hacking but mostly only there because Nintendo had not secured comms)?

Sorry I wasn’t very clear in my post, I probably shouldn’t post on 3 hours of sleep, it looks like I’ve found what I’m looking for here: https://github.com/Stary2001/nex-dissector

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had experience with network packet capturing on the 3ds. I found this GitHub Gist that was helpful, except for the part on SSL/HTTPS, I couldn't get 3DS-SSL-Patch to work, I'm not sure if it still does as it hasn't been updated since 2017. Any help with this would be appreciated, it's hard to find any info about this on the web.
SSL module was updated recently to patch a flaw(SSLoth) and from the looks of it 3ds-ssl-patch hasn't beeen updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt