Hacking Help on what to do next

johnluong96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I recently I just downgraded 10.6 to 9.2 and followed all these steps to install rxtools: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I also installed menuhax and I'm wondering where I should go from there? I want to install CIA files but not sure how to start. I have a bunch of questions regarding emunand such as how to I install CIA files on emunand? Should I be updating my emunand to 10.7? How do I open homebrew up on emunand?

I only know that I have OoT3d and it hasn't been working to open homebrew ever since I downgraded to 9.2 and I installed menuhax. I was also wondering if there was anyone who is able to add me on skype or some other messenger so that whenever I have questions it can be answered. Thanks!

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
This would go into Flashcards and Custom Firmwares.
Anyway, can you boot into your emunand? I'm sure you aren't updated to 10.7, so you can use browserhax to get to FBI.3dsx (bypass the autoboot), and install the CIA to your emunand.
Or you can inject it to the Health and Safety app using UIJ and Decrypt9. There's Google available. After that, if you unlinked NANDs (formatted sysnand) then you're free to update your emunand. Make sure you're in emunand.

johnluong96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would go into Flashcards and Custom Firmwares.
Anyway, can you boot into your emunand? I'm sure you aren't updated to 10.7, so you can use browserhax to get to FBI.3dsx (bypass the autoboot), and install the CIA to your emunand.
Or you can inject it to the Health and Safety app using UIJ and Decrypt9. There's Google available. After that, if you unlinked NANDs (formatted sysnand) then you're free to update your emunand. Make sure you're in emunand.

Do you have to do it the Health and Safety way in order to keep using it when you update emunand?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to do it the Health and Safety way in order to keep using it when you update emunand?
No. The main point of having custom firmware for most is to install illegit CIAs. The FBI.cia would be useless. In short, yeah, it'll still work. Just make sure to make a emunand backup if you're not sure. And be sure your nands are unlinked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1