help needed

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by flying pig, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008

help needed by flying pig at 6:37 PM (645 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. flying pig
    OP

Newcomer flying pig Newbie

United States
    my daughter has ds and a lot of the games she has recently do not allow her to play them ,telling her that the save file could not be accessed
    can anyone help me fix this?
    first time forum user

2. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    Retail games? If the DS can't read the save on many of your retail games, then you might have build up on the contacts. Is it possible something was spilled on them?

Try taking a Q-tip with a very little bit of rubbing alcohol and carefully cleaning the contacts (the gold pins in slot-1). Try cleaning the contacts on the games too.

Another possibility, if your daughter uses the same games over and over again, is that the game cartridges have worn, and are loose in the slot. You could try folding a small piece of paper, and wedging it behind the game so it makes better contact and doesn't move around.

If neither of those work, you might have a defective DS on your hands.

If I've misunderstood, and you're talking about roms on a flashcart, then you need to tell us what flashcart, firmware, etc.

3. flying pig
    OP

Newcomer flying pig Newbie

United States
    the games she uses are not retail and she has tried the games on another ds and the problem is the same with her friends ds.
    she uses an r4 card with a 2gb micro card

4. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    The first thing to do would be to post this in the R4 sub-forum, not the game help sub-forum. You'll get better responses from fellow R4 owners. Find it here.

The second thing would be to list as many specifics as you can. Start with the firmware version; whether it happens on all games or only certain games; when it started happening (did something change?); can you re-produce it easily, etc.

The third thing to do, is to back up the contents of your microSD card to your computer. Then format the microSD. Load everything back on and see if you still have the issue. If you write / erase from a card over and over again without formatting it, the save data can get very fragmented.

Hope that helps some.

5. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Same thing happens with my girlfriends Supercard. I noticed that the save file gets corrupted for certain new games, this seems to be some sort of piracy protection.

I have an M3 Real and I'm going to get here one as well since I've never had these problems with it. Or maybe just maybe I'll get a CycloDS flash cart for her, I haven't made up my mind yet.

I would advise you to buy a more up to date flash cart Flying Pig. I dont think the R4 team does any updates at all for new games any more.

The Cyclods team, M3Real, Edge, and the Acekard all have updates pretty frequently. I would go for one of them.