Help Needed with RXTools

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Iamapirate, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Iamapirate
    OP

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    So I've been trying to set this up. Been looking at multiple tutorials and whatnot, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything correctly but I'm still having an issue. Apparently, at some point, a purple screen should pop up and let me choose RXTools or HBL. Well, I'm not getting that screen. Everytime I just automatically boot into the HBL. Tried pressing a button when it begins to crash (like in the tutorial) and I've even formatted my SD and tried other tutorials but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Acro

Acro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    United States
    Floating through ecchi romance anime
    Well, that boot screen is the CTRBootManager . I could also link a video tutorial I used to get it installed (Has a bit of other cfw stuff in it also). video tutorial The video is for o3ds/ 2ds but he also has a new 3ds tutorial on his channel.

3. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    You need to rename CTRBootManager to 'boot.3dsx'. The default is usually the HBL since in smea's starter pack it's named 'boot.3dsx', so you'll need to rename that as well (probably to 'HBL8.3dsx').

Acro likes this.
  4. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    do u have the fermware.bin? here make a bat file and downdowd this

@Echo OFF
    bitsadmin /transfer FIRM /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049 "%~dp0\firm.bin"
    pause
    bitsadmin /transfer TWL /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000202/0000000B "%~dp0\twl.bin"
    pause
    bitsadmin /transfer AGB /priority high http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000102/00000016 "%~dp0\agb.bin"
    pause
    copy "%~dp0\firm.bin" /b + "%~dp0\twl.bin" /b + "%~dp0\agb.bin" /b "%~dp0\firmware.bin"
    del "%~dp0\firm.bin"
    del "%~dp0\twl.bin"
    del "%~dp0\agb.bin"
    pause

5. Iamapirate
    OP

Sep 1, 2013
    That is one of the tutorials I was following. Around the eight minute mark, his system crashes, he presses the Dpad and has that purple screen. I followed that video but I'm not getting that screen.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah, I already have a firmware.bin

6. Acro

Acro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    United States
    From what I notice, he resets the data files and then after it resets. He loads up his hax method which boots into ctrbootmanager. You need to install this so you can see the purple screen and he does this in the video. (installation process)

7. Iamapirate
    OP

Sep 1, 2013
    I'm so confused lol. I think I'll try it from the start again.

Acro likes this.
  8. Iamapirate
    OP

Sep 1, 2013
    I used a more simple tutorial and set up RXTools. Now I'm gonna try to set up an emunand. This makes my head hurt

Acro likes this.
  9. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    It's all really confusing at first, but when you run through it once, you'll get it. Just take your time, and things will be fine.

Acro and Iamapirate like this.
  10. Acro

Acro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    United States