Help Needed: System files corrupted

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by BenBaril, Feb 10, 2011.

Feb 10, 2011
  1. BenBaril
    OP

Newcomer BenBaril Member

Canada
    I've had my Wii setup for USB loading for a few years now, and I haven't touched it since. Recently I got the new Donkey Kong Country (great game), and it required an updated cIOS. I grabbed the latest at the time and everything was fine...

However, once I stopped playing this game (a few weeks later..I tend to never leave a game once I start) going back to the home menu gave me errors saying my Wii System FIles were corrupted.

Rebooting several times got me to the screen without any issue...but now every time I want to switch games I have this problem.

I ran syscheck. Report is here.

I don't want to mess it up further, so I'm seeking any advice to resolve.

Thanks in advance!
    BB

2. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    I use to get this error where it would tell me "System files are corrupted" on a black screen. I panicked obviously but after a while, it stops appearing as frequent as before and now, it doesn't appear at all. Not sure if there's some type of task you need to do for it to not appear at all, but all I did was reset the Wii and use it normally from there and it just stopped appearing.

3. BenBaril
    OP

Newcomer BenBaril Member

Canada
    Unfortunately this has been going on for several months now. When you say 'reset the wii' do you mean restore to system defaults?

4. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    No. I mean as in reset it via the power button and if it's been going on for months... not too sure what it is then.

5. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I doubt this will fix your problem, but you could try reinstalling your System Menu. You could also try reinstalling IOS60. Likewise, I think it would be a good idea to reinstall your IOS60 and trucha patch it. You might also want to reinstall IOS249 using base 56 instead of base 61.