[Help needed] Region Changed n3ds crashes when keboard is needed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vondosaurusrex, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Vondosaurusrex
    OP

Vondosaurusrex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I changed the region on my Japanese n3ds to USA and like stated in the title, I get a "error has occurred" screen whenever I attempt to load the keyboard (to change a folder name, add a mii greeting for streetpass, etc.)

In my attempts to remedy this I tried to download the keyboard applets listed on 3dbrew through 3DNUS, but that didn't work. The applets were Software keyboard, Safe Mode Software keyboard, and New3ds Safe mode software keyboard - which the title IDs are 000400300000C802, 000400300000C803, 000400302000C803 respectively.

Anyone have any idea on what title I should download to get my keyboard working? thanks.

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    did you delete the old japanese keyboard system stuff?
    whenever i region changed i did that, cleaned out all the previous region's leftovers, and the keyboard way always perfect

3. Vondosaurusrex
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I used the compare title csv python script. I think there's a shot I deleted the keyboard by accident

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ooh you used my script well, that should have been enough if you deleted what it said, unless you did delete something by accident...!
    i can't help, sorry :(

5. Vondosaurusrex
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I guess I might just redo the region change then, that's the only thing I can think to do. It's okay because I have a NAND backup :D

6. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    Here's something that I wrote a while back. It was the only way I could get the keyboard to work on a region changed JPN system. It's mostly valid except for the eshop stuff.

7. Vondosaurusrex
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I actually tried the merge thing to my already on my region changed emunand but all it did was brick my emunand :/

Edit: Actually when I did that I didn't delete the cias starting with 0004001B etc. Ill have to try again

Edit 2: Solved it - plailect's guide has a part on region changing and has a link to a full 9.2 firmware for n3ds. I downgraded my n3ds with this pack and huzzah it worked! :D

Last edited by Vondosaurusrex, Apr 16, 2016
  8. tivanh

tivanh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Accident? Your missing what he is saying. You are supposed to clean out the old jap stuff to prevent this type of frankinfirmware occuring.

9. Vondosaurusrex
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I did it awhile ago and didn't have any issues until recently.

I kind of remember deleting something that wasn't generated by the script but I didn't worry about it because everything seemed to be working fine.

anyways, the problem is gone now so it's no big deal

10. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    The problem specifically is you are missing the dictionary of the language in use. I had this issue as well, because the update packs didn't include it. The same issue occurs when you do a system format/tinyformat to do the initial setup once it needed the EULA, as that also wasn't there for the new region.

If anyone else has this issue, you should go and get the dictionaries and EULA files for your region using 3DNUS. Here are the title IDs.

tivanh likes this.
  11. Altairseven

Altairseven GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    Argentina
    the issue is that the 9.2 cias that you use doesnt have every system title that there is, because some were never updated, pm me if you want, i cant give you a zip with the cia folder that you should use during region change, i got it by mergin files from very old 3ds firmwares toghether up to 9.2, i used this cias several times without issue

tivanh likes this.