Help needed modding original Xbox

RyanChatta-G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have an original Xbox and everything works fine except for the disc tray. It recently stopped opening and I want to mod the Xbox so that I can load games directly on it without having to use the disc tray. But all methods of modding I've seen involves using the splinter cell game and I wouldn't be able to get the game into the Xbox. The Xbox I have was released in 2005. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: I was wondering if could replace the hard drive and the new hard drive could have all the software I need on it to run games.

Last edited by RyanChatta-G,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need; Splinter Cell, 007 Agent Under Fire, Mech Assault and SoftModInstaller.

One of the Three Games and of course a way to get save onto your XBOX you can get USB to XBOX Controller Cable pretty cheap on EBay and use a USB Drive/ USBKey/ USB Stick.

I think there maybe a couple of other Games you can use just in the last couple of years but you still need DVD Drive to get you there.

Another way is to Read HDD via PC Hooked up but even then I think you still need Decryption Key and only way is via ModChip/TSOP Flash Motherboard or SoftMod.

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: Alexander1970

RyanChatta-G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need; Splinter Cell, 007 Agent Under Fire, Mech Assault and SoftModInstaller.

One of the Three Games and of course a way to get save onto your XBOX you can get USB to XBOX Controller Cable pretty cheap on EBay and use a USB Drive/ USBKey/ USB Stick.

I think there maybe a couple of other Games you can use just in the last couple of years but you still need DVD Drive to get you there.

Another way is to Read HDD via PC Hooked up but even then I think you still need Decryption Key and only way is via ModChip/TSOP Flash Motherboard or SoftMod.
Is it possible to replace the disk drive

Reactions: Alexander1970

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I have a few spares just in case and they are not keyed to Console like 360s but they do have a unique Firmware to read XBOX Discs.

So if you have a spare you can swap out the drive to do the Softmod, There is also a mod to use PC DVD Drive but it will only read Backups it cant read Original XBOX Discs but you still need Softmod first so.

Have you tryed gently cleaning the laser lens with qtip/cotton bud and Alcohol the stuff used for CD Cleaning etc.

Gently Buff with Alchol Damp end and again with dry end just incase your lens just dirty you only need it to get Softmod anyways.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have an original Xbox and everything works fine except for the disc tray. It recently stopped opening and I want to mod the Xbox so that I can load games directly on it without having to use the disc tray. But all methods of modding I've seen involves using the splinter cell game and I wouldn't be able to get the game into the Xbox. The Xbox I have was released in 2005. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: I was wondering if could replace the hard drive and the new hard drive could have all the software I need on it to run games.

Will the tray open manually? There is a tiny opening to force it with a pin.

A softmod actually does allow installing games, without opening up the Xbox.
But the original hard drive is too small.

Zm1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally did mine with a swap method but it you will an IDE connector. There was a method where you boot the xbox let it sit on the dashboard for a few minutes so the drive unlocks. then swap the IDE cable into a computer and boot up the PC using a special boot disk. it will install a custom dashboard then you can dump your BIOS and get your HDD key. with that key you could make a new PC boot image that you can boot with that will allow you to create a new HDD with a custom dashboard installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"