HELP NEEDED! Henkaku Enso endless loop, missing ur0:tai/config.txt

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Vikei, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Vikei
    OP

Vikei Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Bulgaria
    This is my setup: PS Vita 1000 at 3.60 Henkaku Enso with 16GB Vita Memory Card and SD2VITA 200GB.

What I did
    : I removed my ux0:tai folder from both my memory card and SD2VITA, moving it to ur0. Afterwards, I wanted to edit my config.txt so I moved it to my computer, edited it, then deleted it and my Vitashell crashed and I was stuck in standby. So I rebooted my Vita, without a config.txt file anywhere. Luckily, I have it backed up and I post at the end of this the content of my config.txt. Now I am stuck in an endless loop of the Enso logo. I can hold the power button while the enso logo loops to enter safe mode. The only way to turn off my Vita is by holding the power button in safe mode.

Additionally, I have a PSTV also 3.60 Henkaku Enso, so if you think I can use it to fix my PSV OLED, I have that available. I can still add files to my SD2VITA but I dont think it can load stuff without resolving ur0

Please help! I can provide any additional information that

Contents of my config.txt

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
    # For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
    # changes to take place.
    # For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
    *KERNEL
    ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
    ur0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
    # henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
    *main
    # main is a special titleid for SceShell
    ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
    *NPXS10015
    # this is for modifying the version string
    *NPXS10016
    # this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
    *NPEZ00104
    ur0:adrenaline/adrenaline.supr

2. sansnumen

sansnumen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    United States
    The Ensou FAQs state that you can select "Restore the PS Vita System" option from the safe mode. Did you try that already?

3. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Hold L on boot to unload plugins. Run the enso installer and fix the boot config, and reinstall the config.txt. If that fails do a system restore explained in the Enso Faq.

Last edited by retrofan_k, Aug 8, 2017
  4. Vikei
    OP

Vikei Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Bulgaria
    I have not done the "Restore the PS Vita System" option from the safe mode.

Does unloading the plugins "unhack" the vita so to say? I still have the enso installer on my Vita Mem Card, so could I load it from there?

5. retrofan_k

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    No, it just allows the system to clean boot (doesn't load plugins from the boot.config, etc)

You may need to use your official MC, as a temporary measure, since 1000's don't have internal usable storage, so likes of Molecule/Vitashell won't appear, since you will have Sd2vita gamesd.skprx plugin loaded disabled from ur0: and those app are always installed to ux0:

Last edited by retrofan_k, Aug 8, 2017
  6. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Just restore the system from safemode and then start Henkaku via browser exploit to re install enso(everything will be wiped)

7. Vikei
    OP

Vikei Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    Bulgaria
    I would like to report that holding the L button to clean boot worked and I was able to load Vitashell to copy the config.txt back to ur0:tai.

It was not necessary to enter safe mode as suggested otherwise. Had the above solution failed, this would have been the proper path.

8. retrofan_k

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I thought it would doB-)