help needed for cheap build for playing runescape

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by fatboynate, Sep 6, 2016.

1. fatboynate
    OP

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    i was going to buy a store built pc for my cousin to play runescape with me but i have decided it might be better to build one myself.

i dont need anything fancy just matx build will do intel preferably since i already have a gtx 750ti to go inside i dont want skylake ect sandy or ivy bridge dual core will do fine. budget is £200 uk stores only plz.

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    http://www.logicalincrements.com/

That should be able to guide you. Although with a budget of only £200, I would seriously consider getting a second hand PC from your nearest CEX.

3. fatboynate
    OP

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    i dont actually need a gfx card, screen, mouse n keyboard or software all i need is mobo cpu 4gb ram and cheap case

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ive ordered myself a new psu so i have one spare soon

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    The beauty of that grid, is that if you can save money in one area you can just get a better part in another area. So you don't need graphics card, PSU, etc... that gives you more in your budget to get a better CPU/motherboard or even add a cheap SSD.

Also, Runescape needs very little to run so pretty much any CPU/GPU will be able to run it.

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  6. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Partpicker is very good at planning a build and checking for compatibility. It also lets you use multiple sources for prices so you can compare the market. However you have to do the legwork yourself. Logical Increments guide gives you a big chart based on multiple price points. Of course, whilst CPU/motherboards are matched per line for compatibility, if you mix and match it's possible to mistake an AMD CPU and Intel motherboard (as an example). That's where partpicker can help, so they're useful to use together.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. ILuvGames

ILuvGames GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2011
    London
    This comes to £83.88 and is about as cheap as you can get (without looking around and 'maybe' saving a couple of quid here and there) :-

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FFsVFT

The list does not include a case.

As far as a case is concerned, personally I would buy this as it is a good quality case for a cheap price (£21 with Super Saver delivery but you can find cheaper cases and maybe save a few quid more) :-

http://www.ebuyer.com/727945-zalman...59&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CKDuiO3P-84CFcKfGwodmHoPyA

All parts sourced from UK dealers. Be aware that the usb 3.0 port on the case won't work as the motherboard only supports usb 2.0.

Last edited by ILuvGames, Sep 6, 2016
  8. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    You'd also need a hard drive, computers don't run programs off sheer willpower after all :P

9. ILuvGames

ILuvGames GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2011
    London
    I omitted it because I didn't see the OP mention it but it helps to point these things out sometimes.

Last edited by ILuvGames, Sep 7, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.