Hacking [Help Needed] Changed Region Home Menu Bugged

FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I changed my old 2ds region using a old 3ds nand and i noticed the home menu didn't work after going on friend list it would just freeze,
so i thought well its a 3ds nand.... so i put it on my old 3ds and restored my old 2ds yet again i have the same issue,
its not a big deal all i need to do is force shutdown and turn on but it is kinda frustrating

Video:

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do what @Quantumcat suggested above. I've had this happen MANY times, especially when doing something like upgrading/downgrading, although never happened since I updated to 11.6. It actually happened much more often when my console was stock, so don't worry, it's nothing bad. The 3DS is just being dumb sometimes and the process that loads the home menu to the memory sometimes freezes up badly. Usually it would fix for me after about 20 mins. Try removing the SD card though and putting it back in the console, then wait for as long as it takes and once it unfreezes it won't happen again for a good while! That's also what Nintendo support had suggested when I asked them about it long ago.

Reactions: FenexFox

FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do what @Quantumcat suggested above. I've had this happen MANY times, especially when doing something like upgrading/downgrading, although never happened since I updated to 11.6. It actually happened much more often when my console was stock, so don't worry, it's nothing bad. The 3DS is just being dumb sometimes and the process that loads the home menu to the memory sometimes freezes up badly. Usually it would fix for me after about 20 mins. Try removing the SD card though and putting it back in the console, then wait for as long as it takes and once it unfreezes it won't happen again for a good while! That's also what Nintendo support had suggested when I asked them about it long ago.
If the friends list freezes, just leave it for a long time, maybe even up to an hour. It will come good on its own, and then not freeze again.

Okay thank you both so much

Last edited by FenexFox,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay i left it on for a whole school day (7 hours for me) and it didn't work
any other fixes?
im gonna try again tho
What firmware are you on exactly? Try updating and see if it fixes and make sure the SD card isn't choked full (at least 50MB free) and see if it works...

chapilopez

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I had the same problem after a region change from Europe to USA. After several days with it,, I finally found the solution for it just a few minutes ago...

All you have to do is format your 3DS or 2DS and your are done. Remember that you will loose everything installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021