Hardware Help, n3ds won't turn on.

kfc404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My n3ds won't turn on, the power(blue light) flashes for about a second and then fades away.
I tried opening it with the charger plug in, and still no luck.

What I've did previously:

my n3ds sysnand was 9.0 and already all set up with arm9loader + luma3DS and updated to latest 11.2.

I used it to assist my latest n3dsxl to downgrade from sysnand 11.2 to 9.2 using the 3ds.guide website.

The method i used for the downgrade is via the DSiWare Downgrade (App Injection and Second 3DS).

Now that I got everything working on my n3dsxl, but when I tried to open my n3ds it doesn't start anymore.

I think I might have causes the problem, when I didn't go through the initial setup on the source 3ds after the transfer of data from the source 3ds to the target 3ds, I just power off the n3ds after I saw that choose language screen.

I then use this source 3ds' sd card in my target 3ds as it's sd card.

I don't remember which sd card I used to replace the source 3ds (n3ds), but I do remember that I didn't need to follow through with the initial setup and I could load straight into the home menu. I even check in the Settings, and found that it were revert back to 9.0.

I powered off the n3ds, and went on with continuing with my downgrade on the n3dsxl.

Do you think it's because I didn't go through with the initial setup that causes this issue?

I'm really worried and I don't even know what's the problem with my 3ds, is this what a brick means?

Do any of you expert know what I can do.

It's late where I'm living, and I don't have the energy to check my grammar/sense in this post. I hope you guys understand.

Please tell me what other information you need from me, for you to be clearer on how to assist me.

Thank you all for helping.

kfc404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Put arm9loaderhax.bin from luma on the sd card.
I was using a 128GB microSD(basically drag the entire backup into it), and that has the arm9loaderhax.bin. This was the microSD that was causing the 3ds from not powering.

Have you tried booting with your msd inserted?
Yes, I did put a micro SD. You did remind me to try all the different one.

To answer you both, I managed to get the 3ds to be up and running.

I found a 4GB micro SD card that was previously used in the n3dsxl. This sd card doesn't have the arm9loaderhax.bin from luma, and I drop that in, put it in the 3ds and now it's working.
So yay for me. Now i just need to figure out why isn't the bigger storage not working. Maybe it has something to do with the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Thank you both for the help.

Reactions: rasputin

kfc404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: hyprskllz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users