Hacking Help my Mom!

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i sent an ak2i to my mother for her shiny dsixl and she swapped in her old memory card.
everything has been fine for the past month until today she removed the acekard to try a game not on it.
when switching back to ak2i problems began.

Anyway heres what happens.

selects danny phantom icon as normal
goes to acekard menu ...shows skin correctly but starts with the microsd icon
when selecting the microsd with 'a' a list of folders appears with completely random names (letters numbers symbols etc)
when selecting a 'folder' nothing happens - shows as if its empty.

The weird folders seem to match the number of games she had so i assume some sort of corruption (which suggests a microsd problem?)
Does anyone know exactly where the problem lies though? (have had here remove card and mem card from dsixl and try again etc)
mem card or ak2i?
Is it a full format job? If so i would need to get it posted back and forth etc
Is it the case an ini file or something needs fixed? might manage that over the phone (wont be easy lol)
Is it a problem with the acekard2i itself? only happened when ak2i was removed.

Anyway thanks in advance
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best thing to do is to try and see what happens if you try to connect the microSD to a computer. It could very well be that it has been randomly corrupted, and if so, then you'll need to reformat it.
The best formatting tool to use is the Panasonic formatter. Keep in mind that if the card is corrupted then you will not be able to recover any data, so all the ROMs and saves will be lost.
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Got some problems too, not the same but i foun that:
Some files or folders corruption apperas when unplug SD from PC (Got toshiba laptop with sd slot).
I've do not use Vista's "savely remove hardware" so there is possibility to break SD when is still working. I'm useng that feature now to avoid problem. Annoying but works.

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
incase anyone was wondering what the problem was it seemed to be a hello kitty theme she was using which had broken - everything else seemed fine.
when hello kitty was selected it gave the above errors and also locked the options menu.
Changing the globalsettings.ini to point at another skin allowed all the games to show and work normally.
strange seeing as she has had that skin for about 6 months or so or more.
hope this may help someone else.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it must be something to do with the calendar on the theme i was using the ultramario theme and that did the same to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==