Homebrew Help moving Emunand to new sd card?

electraraven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I've been trying to move everything off my 4gb sd card to my new Sandisk 32gb sd card, and I've been having trouble. First I tried using both Emunand Tools 1.0.3 and 1.0.1, and both keeping getting the same errors when I try pressing inject Nand to Emunand, saying Emunand SD card not detected.

So I try 3DS Multi Emunand Creator, and I get this error when trying to extract Nand:

FAT partition offset (0x03B000000) collides with the**1st**EmuNAND
offset(0x200). This is probably some kind of corruption.Format the EmuNAND again to fix this.

Does this mean I need to format Emunand on my old sd card again? If i do will it break anything? I don't want to ruin the set up RX Mode Emunand and sysnand I have on my system or sd card. Any help would be appreciated!

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to create a new emunand on your new SD card using emunand9 for example.
Then, dump your emunand to emunand.bin on your old SD (you can use again emunand9),
backup your old SD card,
reinject your emunand.bin into your brand new emunand (with emunand9, an option called "clone emunand.bin to emunand" or something like that)
and paste back your SD backup into your new SD card

electraraven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I did create a new emunand on my new sd with emunand9, and I used both Emunand Tools versions to create emunand.bin from my old sd and saved it to my pc. When I put my new sd card into my pc and pressed 'inject Nand to Emunand' with Emunand Tools, it says it dousn't detect my new emunand sd card. But I will try again using emunand9 this time.

electraraven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i got into emunand9 by removing the E9 launcher and launcher.dat and placing the emunand9's launcher.dat in my sd card, but now when I go into emunand manager options, there's no option to dump emunand to emunand.bin. I launched emunand9 through regular sysnand. should I be booting ii through my rxtools emunand or rxtools sysnand?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
You were doing just fine, running homebrew from sysnand.
"Emunand manager options" and then "dump emunand to emunand.bin" (this could have lightly changed in newer versions of emunand9)

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really think it matters as long as you're able to run emunand9.

The dumping options are in a submenu after selecting the last option on the main menu.

If you want to run it through homebrew, place the boot.3dsx from the smea starter kit on the root of your sd card and the emunand9 folder that contains emunand9.3dsx in a folder called "3ds" in your sd's root too.

You can use browserhax

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
The "backup emunand to file" is what you need to do on your old sd card.

After emunand being created on your new sd card, copy the file you dumped on the step above and use the "restore file to emunand" on your new sd card and paste back your old sd content on your new one too

The newer versions of emunand9 changed the name of some options, but it's almost the same

electraraven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay did what you said. it asked me what to name the file, and i put emunand.bin. I also copied it to my new sd card, and when I press 'restore file to emunand' it says 'there is already an emunand in this sd. if you wish continue, it will be overwritten' then shows me the directional buttons to proceed. I do that, and it says:
no usable file found

restore file to emunand: failed!

electraraven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay downloaded your files and followed your steps, and even though the options stayed as the new ones, it worked! Maybe it was because I didn't put the emunand.bin inside the emunand9 folder, so it wasn't found by the program. I had the file at the sd card's root. Either way, I tested rxtools emunand and it seems to work just fine like the old sd. Thanks so much for your patience and help, and sorry for the complications!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: ok