Hardware GBA Others HELP!!! Modded GBC doesn't turn on!

Duet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I really need some advice. I bought a modded GBC with an IPS display with USB Type-C Charging and it was working fantastic for the first few hours, but I subsequently ran into issues when booting into the device. First, the screen was able to boot up but cut off after a while, subsequently, the console simply would not turn on or would flicker into a bright white screen before turning off the display. All this happens while a high-pitched "deeee" sound can be heard from the speakers, you can also see the power LED being faintly on.

I have tried charging it overnight as I thought it might be a battery issue but nothing has changed so far, also there is no battery indicator to show if the console is fully charged or not. Here's a video example of the problem. If anyone has any suggestions or faced similar issues in the past, please do share them with me as I'm at my wits end! Thank you for reading this post :)

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I really need some advice. I bought a modded GBC with an IPS display with USB Type-C Charging and it was working fantastic for the first few hours, but I subsequently ran into issues when booting into the device. First, the screen was able to boot up but cut off after a while, subsequently, the console simply would not turn on or would flicker into a bright white screen before turning off the display. All this happens while a high-pitched "deeee" sound can be heard from the speakers, you can also see the power LED being faintly on.

I have tried charging it overnight as I thought it might be a battery issue but nothing has changed so far, also there is no battery indicator to show if the console is fully charged or not. Here's a video example of the problem. If anyone has any suggestions or faced similar issues in the past, please do share them with me as I'm at my wits end! Thank you for reading this post :)

View attachment 334562
Time to return it!
Diagnosing the issue from an audio clip of you breathing and flicking a switch isn't helpful, though neither would the video I assume you attempted to show too.

Best suggestion is just return it and let the seller deal with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.