Hacking help me ?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's technically been hacked already, the exploit is just being held back until proper homebrew is developed.
same with the 3ds, or so I believe.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way to play wii U games yet. I have a few wii U isos to try when hacks are released.
23gb each lol. If a softmod is released that allows burned BD-r's to be read then its boss.
I already have a blu ray burner that i use to backup my server. the mod chip being worked on might allow BD-r or just load from a HDD. either way ill be ready for it lol. just like i'm ready with all my 3ds roms (150+ GB worth)

SO sit back and let the talented hackers work.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way to play wii U games yet. I have a few wii U isos to try when hacks are released.
23gb each lol. If a softmod is released that allows burned BD-r's to be read then its boss.
I already have a blu ray burner that i use to backup my server. the mod chip being worked on might allow BD-r or just load from a HDD. either way ill be ready for it lol. just like i'm ready with all my 3ds roms (150+ GB worth)

SO sit back and let the talented hackers work.
Few questions, not trying to trap you here. Did you simply download those .iso? Images are known to be "out there" if one knows where to look. Second, everything I've seen says Nintendo uses a unique format that RESEMBLES blu-ray. Do you have some way to back up games and/or write them using a blu-ray writer? I guess likely you downloaded them only. Never know though (some great people on this site with info). I know only the WiiKeyU will be able to run/backup games. To my knowledge, those need to be STOCK games ripped using the WiikeyU (never looked at it running images downloaded). The Wii U disc drive firmware likely won't allow anything to be read IN THE DRIVE that is no an official disc. The WiikeyU sort of "intercepts" between the disc drive and the Wii U hardware (ribbon cable) from what I've read/been told.

Yeah, so I want to say you are only downloading .iso (mentioned here, not posting links, this is no secret and has been on forums here also) and thinking it is like the Wii (burn DVDs) or the 360 with hacked firmware. If I am wrong, lol, please do share.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i have only downloaded the isos. Im not gonna try and burn them yet. Im sure the wii U drive blocks BD-R. The Wii U discs got to be Blu Rays and the fact that the raw iso is 23 GB is the same size as a Single Layer Blu Ray, they just have a proprietary format that's encrypted. The WiiUkey team discovered the wii U's Drive commands and are using it to dump the game disc.
The WiiUKey may allow you to boot BD-R but my guess is they will go with A HDD. Burning discs is not as popular as it used to be. SO my guess is the wiiUkey will have a usb port on it for reading iso's off a hard drive.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning