help me choose platrinum reward

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by superspudz2000, Jul 16, 2014.

?

what should i do with this years platinum status?

1. buy a Wii U

33.3%
  2. sell the code

41.7%
  3. get Donkey Kong Country, just for the 40 CN coins and delete it, better luck next year.

16.7%
  4. Fluidity Spin Cycle

8.3%
  5. waste platinum status on a measly $5 game

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. superspudz2000
    OP

superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    well, it looks like its only digital game downloads this year.

and i dont own a Wii U, so its 3DS games only, (unless you think its worth it to buy a Wii U)

now, obviously Donkey Kong Country Returns represents the most value at $29.99, and 40 CN coins, as opposed to Fluidity Spin Cycle at $10, and 15 CN coins. but there are several things that are giving me pause.

1. DKC is digital. so its locked to 1 system. cant play on different 3DS, cant loan it out, cant sell it later. id rather just have a cartridge whenever possible.

2. DKC is massive. it would take up too much room on my SD.

3. DKC 3D is maybe not as good as Wii version?. (play exactly the same game on a tiny screen, or a 41 inch flat screen yeah, real tough choice)

and then there's Fluidity Spin Cycle, it looks just MEH, i hate motion controls. and it seems pretty generic gameplay wise, like Loko Roko on PSP. or little big planet, its just been done so many times. Also, it will probably go on sale at some point, like maybe $6.99.

allready own rolling western and MVSDK.

Donkey Kong 3 is one i really want, but it just seems like a waste, why bother getting platinum just to redeem a gold reward. its only $4.99, i could easily buy it later, or if a wait long enough it might go on CN reward for 150 coins.

2. superspudz2000
    OP

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    anybody played the Wii version of DKC?

3D is a non-issue for me because its always off. but the Wii version has "waggle controls" right? i hated that, is there any way to turn off waggle controls in DKC Wii? i mean can the game be played without the wiimote, just Classic Controller pro?

Edit: i guess waggle is mandatory.

30FPS > Waggle

3. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    got Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D it was the only got 3ds game

4. fischermasamune

fischermasamune GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    So unbalanced titles... it looks like the obvious choice is DKCR3D.

Unfortunately, Club Nintendo is not available right now.

5. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    I just tried to bring up the page and it says it's down for maintenance. What are the rewards for the U? Pretty disappointed there is no posters. I went and bought two 3DS's just to return after I got the points to make sure I didn't miss another poster set.

6. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    Not to sound like I'm complaining (I am...)
    Club Nintendo is starting to suck more and more.
    There used to be marginally nice stuff like the fans and hanafuda cards.
    If they're going to be so half-assed about the reward program they really shouldn't have bothered at all...

7. superspudz2000
    OP

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    i have mixed feelings about posters, (i have several in cardboard tubes in the corner collecting dust)

yes they do look pretty cool. but then what. even if you have access to a professional framer and a room to display them, wouldent you get sick of seeing the same thing all the time. as opposed to a cheap nature scene for 50cents at a yard sale. its like paying money for a screen saver.

posters really should be Club nintendo reward only, its a cheap thing to put for an entire year of buying nintendo products and doing millions of surveys.

they should have had some kind of rare cartridge, like all the Game & Watch dsiware on a physical ds cartridge

8. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    I missed the last years platinum poster set. That is the only set I don't have right now. All of them are framed and hanging all over my home. I even got the overpriced Animal Crossing set.

9. superspudz2000
    OP

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    [​IMG]

Bat420maN likes this.
  10. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    Thanks for the info! Looks like it will be Remix for me.

11. Drink the Bleach

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Its been in a slump for the past 2-3 years, especially compared to Japan's offerings, but the digital-only crap is really insulting.
    The games provided are arguably crap-ware compared to what they could have offered, but being digital games you could just go off and buy takes all the special feeling you get when you've reached a club Nintendo milestone...

Sure something lame and cheap like posters were offered, but those posters couldn't be gained by normal means and they were in limited quantities. Even if the cost of materials were less than a $to reprooduce, the product was special in its own rights. It could have even been special-digital content like Ambassador program GBA games (Since they're not purchaseable), but no, we get recycled crap. I don't care how hard Nintendo keeps pushing Dillon's Western, I'm not getting it, even if it is "free"

I'll just sell my code, and regretfully anytime a company makes a half-assed attempt, they usually just stay the course. I didn't expect digital-only this year, but I won't be surprised if thats a trend in the following years. Also you have a darling avi

ScarletCrystals likes this.
  12. dragonblood9999

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    i heard that the Remix games are terrible.

13. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Qu├ębec
    I got Game and Wario. And since i had gotten NSMBU with the MK8 promo. I had enough points for two 5$ code for the eShop after getting Game and Wario

14. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno

I grabbed it last night and was playing for about five straight hours. I had a blast with it. Will be putting in some more time later today.

15. dragonblood9999

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    most of my friends that had it said it wasn't so good but I've seen it new for $10 so maybe i'll give it a try when/if i get a Wii U.