Hacking Help make a decision

ZeroVirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am in the market for new flash carts for my DS Lite and I can't decide which one should I get. I am just looking for something just to play games and sometimes with my friends. I don't really care much about homebrew programs I doubt I will ever use them. For Slot-1 I'm stuck between the CycloDS Evolution or G6DS Real I love the interface for both and the features but I don't know if the memory should be an issue I usually play 3 or 4 games at a time or is it just much better to have bunch of games on it at once? And for Slot-2 I'm stuck between the M3 Perfect Lite or G6 Lite? From what I have read they seem to be the best ones out right now just don't know which one I should get. I was also thinking about the Cyclo-DS Micro but I haven't read anything about don't know if it really bad or no one buys?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I am in the market for new flash carts for my DS Lite and I can't decide which one should I get. I am just looking for something just to play games and sometimes with my friends. I don't really care much about homebrew programs I doubt I will ever use them. For Slot-1 I'm stuck between the CycloDS Evolution or G6DS Real I love the interface for both and the features but I don't know if the memory should be an issue I usually play 3 or 4 games at a time or is it just much better to have bunch of games on it at once? And for Slot-2 I'm stuck between the M3 Perfect Lite or G6 Lite? From what I have read they seem to be the best ones out right now just don't know which one I should get. I was also thinking about the Cyclo-DS Micro but I haven't read anything about don't know if it really bad or no one buys?

the cyclods minisd is just a supercard clone so stay away from that

if you want to play with you're friends, then a cyclods would be best since it has almost 100% download play
the expendable memory is also fine since memory is very cheap nowadays, if you only play 3 or 4 games get a 512 microsd kingston/toshiba japan manufactured card. they go for around $15
take the m3 perfect lite also, its almost the same as the g6 lite but with external memory

the reason for my advice is that putting limitations on something you're not quite familiar with might be a bad thing.
as soon as you get used to it and realise its capabilities you're gonna be like "MORE MOOOOREEE"
laugh.gif

the method of transferring games is also much better if you're using external memory. that way you'll just drag and drop with no worries of compatible drivers or custom softwares

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those 2 are fairly expensive for slot 2 cards (unless you buy my M3 Lite
tongue.gif
), so if you want it only for GBA/RAM I recommend the EZ 3in1 (currently partially supported by CycloDS Evo)

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
but the EZ flash 4 is probably the best, i forgot to mention that
it has perfect gba compatibility and now theres a patch for the browser so it works EZF4 deluxe(compact has no ram)
its cheap too, cheaper than a supercard but i heard nds is a bit dodgy, along with homebrew on that card....
rumble is annoying on a hand held and is nothing like the consoles
id hate to be messed up by rumble while playing something touchscreen based like oendan

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The SC-DS1 is not to be dismissed. As well as 100% rom compatabilty and on par download and play, it has a real time Action Replay/Dipstar cheat engine that is superior to any other flash cart and also a real time book/guide exclusive feature. It's easily better than EZv, R4 or M3 Simply .

Whatever flash cart you choose, make sure to get a Japan made Kingston or Toshiba memory card, as a small minority of roms do require the speed advantage these offer over other mem cards.

ZeroVirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well money isn't an issue for me. I am just looking for a good product to fit my needs. So far I think I'm going to get the CycloDS Evolution and the slot-2 card is like a toss up for me now. Thanks to xcalibur798 I did some research on the EZ Flash 4 Deluxe and it looks really good and it would be a good replacement for my old GBA EZ Flash card (I just hate the fact I still need my GBA to upload games on to the card.) But is the EZ Flash 4 Deluxe better than the M3 Perfect Lite especially when it comes to GBA game compatibility?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
to be honest.....its close but not quite

the m3 perfect deserves its name, its completely compatible with just about everything.
the only thing that the m3 has over the EZ flash 4 is that it has a RTC(real time clock) built in, but thats not a big of a deal since only pokemon uses it. i think they excluded RTC in EZ flash 4 because it was meant to be a nds flash card and as you may or may not know, nds games use the built in clock.

you can patch games though so the clock runs only when the game is being used. itll only mess with you collecting berries in the game since they grow in real time.

but for almost double the price i wouldnt want to reccomend it.
either just get a m3(because it can do everything, gba and nds) or get a slot 1 + EZ flash 4

ZeroVirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info I know what to get now. Oh and I have one more question whats the difference between a Kingston MicroSD or a Scandisk MicroSD or a Toshiba MicroSD? Is there a difference because I know for the PSP the Scandisk were faster than the Sony ones? And is the location a factor too because I see alot of people recommending the ones from Japan or is it just a price thing?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info I know what to get now. Oh and I have one more question whats the difference between a Kingston MicroSD or a Scandisk MicroSD or a Toshiba MicroSD? Is there a difference because I know for the PSP the Scandisk were faster than the Sony ones? And is the location a factor too because I see alot of people recommending the ones from Japan or is it just a price thing?

I think you're getting everything mixed up here
First of all, Sandisk for the PSP and Slot 1 cards are 2 different things.
The first is a memory stick and the second is a microsd. They are two different things and could not be comparable.

Secondly, the difference between all those cards is the speed that they run at. This is important for certain games becuase if it does not run at the right speed, it will lag and/or crash.

Sandisk is a good brand and i would reccomend that you get a 2GB microsd from them. They dont run Fast enough to play castlevania POR but they are good. I would then advise you to buy a 1GB kingston with serial 'SD-C01G JAPAN' as they are the fastest/cheapest. Kingston cards are an OEM of Toshiba's apparantly so if you find a similair card which is manufactured in japan but with the brand name as Toshiba, you could just get that aswell.

The location thing is a big factor because the japan manufactured kingston memory cards run much faster than Taiwan ones. Price usually isnt that much different. Taiwan kingston cards arent bad but they cant play castlevania which is why i believe everyone disses the taiwan manufactured ones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: so sad