Hacking HELP! M3 Real doesn't work!

antshah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have put the system folder in the root of the microsd, I have tried the proper 4.0x version and the triple boot, both times, when I turn on my ds, the touch screen just has the m3 real logo and nothing happens, sometimes it says slot 1ds, but otherwise it never loads anything. Please help! thanks

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure its not a fake? Check if it says m3adapdor.com or m3adaptes.com or something on the side of the box. And just to make sure, did you put in a micro sd card? If you do not put one in, it gets stuck at that screen. Or maybe you did and it doesn't have good connection with the m3 cart? More info is needed.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haringtonl said:
Are you sure its not a fake? Check if it says m3adapdor.com or m3adaptes.com or something on the side of the box. And just to make sure, did you put in a micro sd card? If you do not put one in, it gets stuck at that screen. Or maybe you did and it doesn't have good connection with the m3 cart? More info is needed.
Agreed check the sticker. It can be a DSTT or a R4 try one of those firmwares.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remove the SD card and insert the M3 card into the DS and turn on, after about 10 seconds (if it is a real M3) it should come up "no sd card found" - this just proves that the M3 card is working correctly.

antshah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a real m3, because on the package, the website is www.m3adapter.com and it came with all the relevant accessories, and has all the features listed on the back, but it doesn't come up with "no sd card found"

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well my REAL M3 real does - it takes 10+ seconds but if the unit is inserted without the SD card this is the message you should expect. I have tried it with both the cards I have and also asked a friend and they all come up with this message. I have one with no spring loader for the SD card (last years model) and one with (current) and both do. I suggest that you may have a copy/clone/fake. Where did you get it from??

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it should be fine - I have had both of mine from there.

Left with only one real alternative, a faulty card - I have had one before but that booted OK but had vanishing menu's and would not boot games.

If you know someone else with an M3 real you could swap sd cards and see if the fault is definately with the M3card or the SD but my bets on the M3 card.

I have had a 4gb, 8gb and now 16gb Sandisc class 4 and all have worked fine!

antshah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that older sd cards in hd tach with speeds of 0.7ms and 10.1 mb/s work but newer ones with speeds of 0.9ms and 18mb/s don't work? Could you please test your sd card in HD Tach and post results? mine had 1.1 ms and 17.9 mb/s so it was closer to the ones that don't work
frown.gif

Thanks

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HD Tach

Card 1 Sandisk 8GB Class 4 Results 1.6 and 18.1
Card 2 Sandisk 16GB Class 4 Results 1.0 and 18.1

Both are working fine in M3 Real cards

I still think you have a none working M3 card

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Contact them, they are usually very good and sending a parcal back is not that expensive. If you can find someone else with an M3 still worth swapping over the SD card to prove it is 100% down to the M3

antshah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help, have tried a 2gb apacer, 4gb sandisk and 8gb sandisk! none work! could it be sd or m3 that's the problem?

ArthurMurray

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All
Just joined and found the info on m3adaptes and I'm in the same boat.
My nephew bought an M3 from the market a few weeks ago and has been bashing his head against a wall trying to get it to work so I had a look for him & it's a fake - m3adaptes on the box & card.
I went back to the market with him the other day but the seller has vanished so we probably have no hope of getting any resolution.
Can someone please tell me if he should just toss it & buy a proper card from one of the recommended sites via here or is these a way of getting some sort of system file to get this thing to work?
Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn