Homebrew [Help] Luma Payloads Not Working

Mariohax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get GodMode9 running on Luma, after the HBL just kicked me out with screen that flashed red once. So far, nothing I've tried worked. I have the file renamed to x_GodMode9.bin, located in SD:/luma/payloads, and I've attempted holding X while booting the console and while running luma. In every case, it just loaded the home menu normally as if nothing was even there. The only fix I've seen work for someone in a similar situation is to switch SD cards, but I have no others. Is there something else I can do?

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get GodMode9 running on Luma, after the HBL just kicked me out with screen that flashed red once. So far, nothing I've tried worked. I have the file renamed to x_GodMode9.bin, located in SD:/luma/payloads, and I've attempted holding X while booting the console and while running luma. In every case, it just loaded the home menu normally as if nothing was even there. The only fix I've seen work for someone in a similar situation is to switch SD cards, but I have no others. Is there something else I can do?

If you're using B9S, you don't use .bin files anymore. Download the latest version of GodMode9 on github, and drag the "GodMode9.firm" file into /luma/payloads instead.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Mariohax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the .firm option, and the same thing happened. After reading a bit further into it, I'm guessing it's due to my version of Luma being outdated, so I will try to update it before doing anything else.

Mariohax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it turns out, due to my payloads not wanting to run I have no ability to update to B9S. Even using the homebrew launcher version kicks me out with the same red screen that godmode9 does to me.
For context, all I wanted to do was decrypt Planet Robobot so I could access the files directly, but due to the HackingToolKit saying "extraction complete!" and not actually outputting any files I figured I needed to use something other than Decrypt9WIP. So I tried to use the Hourglass9 and GodMode9 payloads, but neither one worked.

Although, I do have an idea. I'm currently running version 5.3 of Luma. Would it be possible to just take the .zip file from, say, version 7.0.5, and just replace the files in my 3ds/luma3ds folder with the ones in the zip? I doubt it could really be that simple...but then again, it's been over a year since I first installed Luma. Maybe I'm on the right track?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it turns out, due to my payloads not wanting to run I have no ability to update to B9S. Even using the homebrew launcher version kicks me out with the same red screen that godmode9 does to me.
For context, all I wanted to do was decrypt Planet Robobot so I could access the files directly, but due to the HackingToolKit saying "extraction complete!" and not actually outputting any files I figured I needed to use something other than Decrypt9WIP. So I tried to use the Hourglass9 and GodMode9 payloads, but neither one worked.

Although, I do have an idea. I'm currently running version 5.3 of Luma. Would it be possible to just take the .zip file from, say, version 7.0.5, and just replace the files in my 3ds/luma3ds folder with the ones in the zip? I doubt it could really be that simple...but then again, it's been over a year since I first installed Luma. Maybe I'm on the right track?
Update Luma to 7.0.5 and everything should work, then you can update to B9S.

And yes, just take the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and just swap it out with the one on the root of the SD card.

Reactions: Mariohax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated