Hacking [HELP] Little elucidation about EmuNAND update

Lord M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, since i've never done, i'd like to know how emunand update work and how...
For 10.3 simply copy Launcher.dat of gw 3.5 and update 3ds normally in GW mode as normal update?
The update delete install-things like dlc, eshop games and themes?
And for last but more important: NTR CFW (3.2) work in 10.3? And ARcode?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. For my O3DS, that's how I updated the emuNand to 10.3. I didn't look too much into NTR and cheats. I tried it once with NTR 3.1 and it didn't work for me for some reason, and I didn't feel too motivated to investigate. I know that each cheat for a game comes in the form of a plugin; each plugin has the cheat codes embedded in it. The cheat database for US games is not very rich. I believe there are two major sites for cheat database; one in Chinese and one in Spanish.

Lord M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And this is important for me to know: if NTR work in 10.3 :D
So for update, simply put Launcher.dat, enter GW mode and update normally,right?

Lord M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ntr works on 10.3(the cheats are awesome and for out of region dlc) and yes
Ok thanks ^^ I usually never do a thing without security close to 100% XD
And the only one time i've done those things on 3ds was when i installed emunand, so using option "format emunand", that delete all things on sd, and until now i thought that this way needed to update...

Reactions: kennyhi123

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That method you provided the link for, is to allow updating the emuNand to a version of your choosing; note in step 2, you have to provide the fw. Updating using Nintendo standard update will get your emuNand to the latest Nintendo fw version, which happens to be 10.3 at this time (this is what you originally asked about). I'm not aware of any fw updating method that simply "put the launcher.dat and update". The update method I'm talking about is System Settings->Other Settings->System Update

Lord M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That method you provided the link for, is to allow updating the emuNand to a version of your choosing; note in step 2, you have to provide the fw. Updating using Nintendo standard update will get your emuNand to the latest Nintendo fw version, which happens to be 10.3 at this time (this is what you originally asked about). I'm not aware of any fw updating method that simply "put the launcher.dat and update". The update method I'm talking about is System Settings->Other Settings->System Update
So, when in a gw new launcher we read option *support emunand x.x" mean only that we can use gw on writed emunand, and not that the launcher can update your emunand to specific fw?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Gateway menu, you can downgrade your sysNand. I'm not sure where you get the information for upgrading the emuNand from the GW menu. I'd like to know.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, when in a gw new launcher we read option *support emunand x.x" mean only that we can use gw on writed emunand, and not that the launcher can update your emunand to specific fw?
1. Put new launcher.dat on SD card
2. Boot to GW emuNAND
3. Go to settings and check it says "GW3D ..." before the firmware
4. Go to other settings->system update WITHOUT leaving settings at all

Lord M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. Put new launcher.dat on SD card
2. Boot to GW emuNAND
3. Go to settings and check it says "GW3D ..." before the firmware
4. Go to other settings->system update WITHOUT leaving settings at all
Thanx... and turn off wifi or need to turn on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.