[HELP] Joycons won't connect to Windows over Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Roomsaver, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Roomsaver
    OP

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    I've been trying to connect my Joycons to my computer for the past few days. I have this bluetooth adapter and am running Windows 7. Windows simply doesn't detect the Joycons. If you need any more information please ask. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Do you mind listing the steps you use? Are you pushing the little pair button? Did you install drivers or did Windows recognize it immediately? Do any other devices connect, such as your phone?

That adapter looks like a rebranded version of the one I bought so it should work... I'm running Windows 10 using generic drivers though.

3. Roomsaver
    OP

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    I installed the drivers for the USB dongle from the CD it came with. I hit the sync buttons and they do the thing with the lights but Windows never sees it. My phone can see the Joycons and connect but my computer can't.

4. Roomsaver
    OP

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    I'm still having this issue.

5. CTCaer

CTCaer GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    Try to remove the CSR (cypress) Bluetooth stack. After this, Microsoft Bluetooth stack will be used for the adapter.
    It may fix your problem.