theman69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I need help desperately if not for a fix then just for an understanding.
I have an Aspire 5570Z and I wanted to reformat it with Windows 7 ultimate, so i try to load it from the bootmenu but the dvd is never executed automatiicaly it says cannot load from disk error code 5. So I notice there are 2 HD's in this laptop so i decide to install it on the other HD and set it as primary, so I was going through the installation process and loading and then thunder took out power in my house and with it the computer (no battery in surge protector there), now every time I try to boot i just get past BIOS and just get _ blinking
Anything anyone can suggest?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The best thing for you to do is to take it to a repair shop. The problems you had originally with the install disc sounds like what I'd expect from a non-retail copy after a few uses, and the problem you now have booting sounds like one or more parts of the system is corrupted (MBR, system files, possible HDD damage and a remote chance of BIOS corruption). These things can be better diagnosed and fixed by an expert.

...unless someone with more experience than me on these forums have an idea...

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
The best thing for you to do is to take it to a repair shop. The problems you had originally with the install disc sounds like what I'd expect from a non-retail copy after a few uses, and the problem you now have booting sounds like one or more parts of the system is corrupted (MBR, system files, possible HDD damage and a remote chance of BIOS corruption). These things can be better diagnosed and fixed by an expert.

...unless someone with more experience than me on these forums have an idea...
That sounds like a challenge
smileipb2.png

Too bad I can't win
sad.gif

Tell us the results off booting off External HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-