[HELP!!!] iPhone photos/video corrupted using iFunbox

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by DigitalDeviant, Mar 31, 2014.

1. DigitalDeviant
    OP

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    Anyone know how to recover corrupted photo/video on ios? I was attempting to load a video from my PC onto the camera roll so I could then upload to instagram but ios would always place it into the videos folder. So I had the "smart" idea of forcing the .mp4 video into the DCIM folder via iFunbox and the iPhone raw file system explorer. ios did not like this and I got error messages on iFunbox and another program I was using.

I scrambled to reconnect to ifunbox to delete the .mp4 I forced copied into the DCIM folder. In my haste I may have accidentally moved one of the camera roll folders dubbed 107apple into the 106apple folder. These folders contain all the camera roll pictures/folders.

Looks like this:

[​IMG]

Now the videos and photos on my iPhone don't want to open up, I get this error below for videos and photos just don't open.

[​IMG]

When I connect my iPhone to my PC and open the iPhone storage and click on a video it simply doesn't open and error's out. The files are in the iPhone and show up in windows explorer but there is no way to open them.

[​IMG]

Is there any thing I can do to fix this?

I acknowledge that this may be my own fault for trying to force a video file into the camera roll knowing full well that iPhone puts it in the video's folder.

All I wanted to do was upload a video to Instagram...know I may have potentially lost a lot of precious pictures and videos. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you! Sorry if this post is way too long I had to vent as well...

2. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    Is there anyone who can help? I really would appreciate!

3. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    Bump, any one at all, I've done extensive searches on google, not sure what to do...

4. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    Another bump, anyone out there can help?