Hacking Help Installing cIOS v7!

Shuino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had everything working on my wii playing back-ups and such and went to play a game today and I couldn't load the WiiGater backup launcher and it would just stay at a black screen showing the wiiGater title.
So i thought I would install the cIOS again and it just freezes on the part where it ask you to take the risk and press A. It just doesn't do anything.

I'm currently on 3.2U firmware and have tried loading 249rev 6 through wadmanger and uninstalling 249 with anyuninstaller I can't seem to get anything to work!

Any help would be great thanks!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you are in 3.2, then it means you're kind of safe, so I would recomend (but wait for confirmation) to format your Wii, and install all over again, ask DJ Dynamite as he had a problem that force him to format his Wii, or try doing the update to 3.4 and then 3.2 if the formating doesn't do any good..!!

Shuino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to remove my wii shop channel account before formatting? I really don't want to lose two 64 games I purchased?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
no no, just format the console, you need your account to redownload you VC games..!!
smile.gif

Shuino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
formatted my Wii installed the homebrew channel and I still can't install cIOS v7 by WiiGator

*edit* It does the same thing, when you go to install cIOS when you go to press A it just doesn't do anything

shdwdragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unhook everything from you wii and it wont freez. By unhooking everything i mean nothing in usb ports, no mem cards in, and no GC controllers in. That's what I figured out today
smile.gif
but when I try to install cios v7 it gets to the very end and tries to install the ticket but at the very end it says "Installer returned -1" Does any1 know hot to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night