Help Installing cIOS v7!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shuino, Jan 3, 2009.

Jan 3, 2009

Help Installing cIOS v7! by Shuino at 3:09 AM (3,341 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Shuino
    OP

Newcomer Shuino Member

United States
    I had everything working on my wii playing back-ups and such and went to play a game today and I couldn't load the WiiGater backup launcher and it would just stay at a black screen showing the wiiGater title.
    So i thought I would install the cIOS again and it just freezes on the part where it ask you to take the risk and press A. It just doesn't do anything.

I'm currently on 3.2U firmware and have tried loading 249rev 6 through wadmanger and uninstalling 249 with anyuninstaller I can't seem to get anything to work!

Any help would be great thanks!

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    if you are in 3.2, then it means you're kind of safe, so I would recomend (but wait for confirmation) to format your Wii, and install all over again, ask DJ Dynamite as he had a problem that force him to format his Wii, or try doing the update to 3.4 and then 3.2 if the formating doesn't do any good..!!

3. Shuino
    OP

Newcomer Shuino Member

United States
    Ok, I'm saving my game saves and such now trying to save my super smash then i'll format.

4. Shuino
    OP

Newcomer Shuino Member

United States
    Do I need to remove my wii shop channel account before formatting? I really don't want to lose two 64 games I purchased?

5. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    no no, just format the console, you need your account to redownload you VC games..!! [​IMG]

6. Shuino
    OP

Newcomer Shuino Member

United States
    why in the world does it tell you to cancel your wii channel account geez fing nintendo!

7. Shuino
    OP

Newcomer Shuino Member

United States
    formatted my Wii installed the homebrew channel and I still can't install cIOS v7 by WiiGator

*edit* It does the same thing, when you go to install cIOS when you go to press A it just doesn't do anything

8. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Do you have GC memory card in slot 2?

9. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    try using waninkoko's ios downgrader and the mii and shop channel patch installers i had a similar problem until i did that.

10. shdwdragn

Newcomer shdwdragn Newbie

United States
    Unhook everything from you wii and it wont freez. By unhooking everything i mean nothing in usb ports, no mem cards in, and no GC controllers in. That's what I figured out today [​IMG] but when I try to install cios v7 it gets to the very end and tries to install the ticket but at the very end it says "Installer returned -1" Does any1 know hot to fix this?